Author Topic: Pentium D 805 o clocked to 3.7 stable  (Read 282 times)

Offline RT

• Zinc Member
Pentium D 805 o clocked to 3.7 stable
« on: June 18, 2006, 11:21:36 PM »
FYI ... couple of threads back someone mentioned the little budget D 805 and over clocking.  Well, it seems to work pretty well.

I built a little system and have o clocked to 3.7 ghz and the game is running fine and fast.  running 16 x 12 sliders maxxed no drop in frame rate to levels where game stutters.  Running 7900GT card clocked at
520 mhz.  

I'm running the Asus Nforce4 mboard with sli that supports intel chips.  Board is 90 chip 120 running ddr2 800 mem clocking system at 740 to 750 mhz.  

For those looking for a somewhat budget way to run the game highest res and graphics maxxed ... this is one approach that is working.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 11:41:56 AM »
RT:

Cool, I was wondering if anyone would do it.

What kind of heat are you getting, and what kind of cooling are you using?

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 04:12:46 AM »
RT whats all the specs ... and are you still stable ect ... inquiring Techie minds wanna know .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline RT

• Zinc Member
Stable etc
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 01:01:02 PM »
Ok,

I bought the d805 and an Asus nforce4 mboard that supports sli and sata ... but is supposedly set up for 667 mhz ddr2.  One d805 reviewer used the board, I think.  Most used more expensive boards with the intel 955 or above chipsets.  I didn't want to invest that much.  This mboard is about $95 now vs the $200 plus boards.  

Bought 2 1 gig sticks of OCZ platinum ddr2 800 mem.  

Bought the Zalman 9500 fan and using a Lian Li Case.  

XFX 7900gt clocked at 520 mhz.  

Running 2 raptor 36 gig drives in raid 0.  was able to hot swap the raid set up from my nforce3 board.  Running xp pro on  WD 320 gig RE series hard drive.  

All I had to do was increase the fsb in bios.  I'm running 740 mhz I believe which clocks the chip up from 2.66 at 533 to 3.7.  Idle temps are in the hi 30s and running programs like prime temps climb into mid 45s at most.  Will have to double check that.  No stability issues what-so-ever.  

Haven't tried to clock it up higher since the game runs fine maxxed out.  Mboard might be limiting factor here.  Haven't tweaked voltages etc.  

Apart from setting up the fsb I think I did set the hyper transport like multiplier to 3.  

Probably could run a bit higher with some tweaking.  Shoot me any specific questions or suggestions.  I am too busy to really get deeply into o clocking her but will try any clearly provided suggestions instructions etc.