Author Topic: J/S help  (Read 661 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
J/S help
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 05:04:27 PM »
X 45's a pretty good rig. Only thing I didn't like was the rudder input by way of rocker switch on the throttle handle. Some folks just add on a set of CH Product USB pro peds.

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
J/S help
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 11:18:05 AM »
I personally set all my sliders all the way up and the damping and deadband maybe an 1/8" up from bottom... works well IMO

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
J/S help
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 11:49:08 AM »
Granted this is WAY down on the Wish List food chain but it would be a treat to have the option to create different stick scales for different planes. What works well for a typhoon is way too bouncy for a Fw190 A8...for me anyway.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
J/S help
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 12:54:16 PM »
your roll settings in ur 1st post pic is about what your "Rudder" should look like

the Roll settings in Mustaine's pic is closer to what your Roll and Pitch should look like with that Stick ..

the rudder ussually needs more dead band to stop the "Wobble"
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
J/S help
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 01:20:51 PM »
Originally posted by tobor
I got a X45 but could never get used to it ..

maybe I need to...

Rudders are an issue with X45, but for me the spring stiffness was a MAJOR problem. Made fine adjustments very tough.

Went to the X52 (thank you best buy warranty!), and found it enormously better. The springs are gently enough to allow fine movements, and my hit% went up overnight from that alone.

Course, then I stopped hunting buffs (nice big targets that they are) and my its went back down, but thats another story....
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad