Author Topic: Top 5 Reasons "I Hate Boise"  (Read 425 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Top 5 Reasons "I Hate Boise"
« on: August 19, 2001, 10:10:00 PM »
5. I had to drive there and back (8 hrs each way).
4. I had to attend a wedding there.
3. It was layed out by some guy on crack.
2. It's just plain ugly.
1. It's hot.

On the other hand, I got to see Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back in a sneak preview while I was there and must say I loved it.  If you're a fan of Kevin Smith movies, go see it...I can't imagine why you wouldn't like it.  Hmmm, I guess I drifted off topic...

Top 2 Reasons "I Don't Hate Boise As Much As Spokane"
2. Helluva nice movie theatre.  Hu-friggin-huge, big screen and steep stadium seating.
1. Unusually large number of attractive women around wearing cloths appropriate for hot weather.  :)

So, what's the point?  Don't go to Boise.  Don't go to Spokane.  Go to Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2001, 11:36:00 PM »
so what happened were you hoggin the crack pipe or what?

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2001, 03:00:00 AM »
Originally posted by SOB:

3. It was layed out by some guy on crack.

Errm, excuse me, but does that mean the same as "getting laid(sp?)"

Sorry, just trying to improve my English, don't realy wanna know what SOB did...  :)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2001, 08:14:00 AM »
Getting laid means when a strong homosexual turns you upside down and does his evil deed..

(At least thats what Skernsk replied when I asked him)

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2001, 08:35:00 AM »
So, what's the point?  Don't go to Boise.  Don't go to Spokane.  Go to Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.
SOB[/qb][/QUOTE]

SOB:

I was out at Boise for the NCAA Men's basketball tournament back in March. I found the towns people very nice and welcoming.
It's a quaint lil place with not much going on if ya don't hunt or fish but, it's a nice place if yer not interested in big city stuff. The mountains outside of the town are spectacular, and on weekends the population explodes with folks from 3 states who come in to party; it was very weird. Good restaurants and damn good beers  :)

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: Don ]

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2001, 10:03:00 AM »
Heh, perhaps the fact that we left for Boise at midnight on Friday with only a few hours sleep had something to do with it.  LOL!   :)
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2001, 11:53:00 AM »
Heh, perhaps the fact that we left for Boise at midnight on Friday with only a few hours sleep had something to do with it. LOL!  

i don't think so, i've been there many times and i think your first impresion was pretty much dead-on

Apathy

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2001, 11:58:00 AM »
In his context he means punched out, ie SOB got beat up by a mean 12 year old again (through his bloody eyesight, thought it was an older person skinny from crack abuse, but in actuality was an underdeveloped 12 year old that wanted some candy money).

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2001, 02:19:00 PM »
Boise Idaho was the only town I've ever been at where a beautiful blond babe in a bikini came up and asked "You all got a dip?" then spit.

Spent 3 years in Mt. Home Idaho... Boise was paradise in comparison.

BTW... I've made that drive (to Mt Home wich is 40 miles farther than Boise) in 6 and a half hours when I had my peppier car ;)

AKDejaVu

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2001, 02:49:00 PM »
I would have to disagree with you SOB on Boise.   I was stationed at Mountain Home AFB for 10 years Boise was great place to visit for the weekend, and that whole area is a great place to spend some time especially if you like to Hunt, fish, camp, white water rafting, water skiing, snow skiing, sky diving (not me, not crazy enough), hot air balloons, caving, hiking, drinking, eating, rapeling, rock climbing, swimming, racing, driving (50 miles from Mountain Home AFB to Boise, not too bad after they raised the speed limit)
All in all not a bad place, last time I was there in 94, no drivebys, light traffic, quite, not so hot (105 in summer, its a dry heat,heheh, and nice people.
If I hadnt had family here in Austin I would have retired near Boise.
K

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: AirScrew ]