Author Topic: 2006 JSOH pics  (Read 372 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
2006 JSOH pics
« on: May 22, 2006, 12:14:11 AM »
Hey...Just finished the first page of pics from the 2006 JSOH and a couple from DC...Enjoy....

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=550631729&security=FKAozj
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
2006 JSOH pics
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 12:36:48 AM »
Nice Pics, but to many plane Pics. Need more babe pics thrown in there :cool:
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
2006 JSOH pics
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 06:05:53 AM »
Nice Pic`s Mike :cool:

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
2006 JSOH pics
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 07:37:34 AM »
Nice looks like it was a blast.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
2006 JSOH pics
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 11:28:15 AM »
Yea it was a blast...Scot, believe it or not the girl you see in some of the pics is still rachel!  2 years....

Anyways the weather for the show was great...Clear skys and a sun warm enough to give me a killer sun burn! haha...Highlights of the show were definately the F-15E demo and the F-22......The F-15E used tons of burner...The pilot also flew with a different type of style...Instead of very smooth control inputs, the pilot was very sudden and abrupt...Ive never seen a fighter flown like that, but it was pretty awesome to see a jet that big being thrown around the air like it was out of control....

The F-22 is hands down the greatest fighter ever...Atleast from what I have seen in person...With a brief flick of the stick, the pilot was able to move the nose of the aircraft 90 degrees in zero time during a turn, and during a climb to the vertical...This guy was flying level, and the next thing you know he is going vertical...It happened so fast it was like he skipped degrees 1-89 lol....He proceeded to climb in the vertical, gradually cutting power to the point where he bled off all airspeed that he literally was "hovering" and standing straight up with zero airspeed....He kept the aircraft like that for about two seconds, and once again flicked the stick, and was back in forward flight without loosing a foot of altitude...

If you have the chance to see the F-22 this summer make sure you do, it is well worth it....Plus 80,000 pounds of thrust aint to shabby in the noise department!

I gotta be honest....I was a little dissapointed with the Blue Angels this year....Ofcourse they are ridicously amazing pilots, and do some of the most insane flying, but it just didnt wiggle my chain like it used too in years past...Maybe its because its so early in the season, but I it looked like there was a significant amount in seperation in most maneuvers...They were also pretty conservative with the burners which sucked...oh well...Im going to see them again next weekend at Jones beach, NY....Hopefully I was be so critical! lol
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
2006 JSOH pics
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 02:57:41 PM »
"I gotta be honest....I was a little dissapointed with the Blue Angels this year....Ofcourse they are ridicously amazing pilots, and do some of the most insane flying, but it just didnt wiggle my chain like it used too in years past...Maybe its because its so early in the season, but I it looked like there was a significant amount in seperation in most maneuvers...They were also pretty conservative with the burners which sucked...oh well...Im going to see them again next weekend at Jones beach, NY....Hopefully I was be so critical! lol"

saw the blue angels about 3 weeks ago here in ft. worth, I thought the same thing. There just not what they used to be, maybe I'm just getting used to seeing them, not taking anything away from them, they are amazing pilots, just think they need to change up the program a little... Unfortunately there were no F22's there, got to see a rare demo of an F16 being flown by a lockhead martin test pilot, that was awesome. Also thought the golden knights parachute team was da chit, those guys are freaking crazy !!