Author Topic: Yet another corrupt congressman gets nailed.  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Yet another corrupt congressman gets nailed.
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2006, 09:06:49 PM »
I'd actually like that, Hang.

It's one thing to call an entire swath of people "puzzies" based on their political leaning, and another thing to actually back that up.

It's one thing to call all politicians corrupt, and another thing to actually back that up.

I wanna see you do it. How hard can that be?

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2006, 09:09:17 PM »
Hmmm...seems like I remember a little incident involving Al Gore, a speech to a group of Buddhist monks or some such, a paper bag containing hundreds of thousands of dollars that supposedly came from the Communist Chinese army or the government (Aren't they actually the same?) that had to be returned after the exchange was reported by the press.  Seems like nothing was ever done about any of that...but my memory isn't what it used to be.

That's just off the top of my head.  Some of you other guys will  have to pitch in.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2006, 09:12:52 PM »
Sounds like a right interesting conspiracy blog theory. But it has me on pins and needles. I do indeed want to hear more about this one.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2006, 09:19:59 PM »
Anyone else notice that Nash is the first one in this thread to bring up the Red/Blue issue.  No one else here cares if this guy is a democrat except for Nash.  Most of us spoke out against cunningham and didn't even try/think about coming to his deffense.  I only bring him up because he's (to my knowledge and I could be wrong.....I though I was wrong once before but I was just mistaken) the only elected official thus far to be convicted in this latest round of corruption investigation.

Dem or Repub if the guy has done something wrong they need to kick him out of office and throw him in jail for a VERY long time.....set the standard for all the other elected bozos in congress.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2006, 09:23:29 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Hmm...

Since we're askin'....

Has anyone got anything on Mark Warner, Wesley Clark, Bill Richardson, Al Gore or Russ Feingold?

If anyone's got the dirt, it's gonna be somebody here.

So?

Yeah..Mark Warner was Governor of Virginia..That should be enough to disqualify anybody....what a **** hole this place is.

Of course he did play the "bait and switch" with the "Car tax" here too.  but thats just normal politics.
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2006, 09:32:17 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Dem or Repub if the guy has done something wrong they need to kick him out of office and throw him in jail for a VERY long time.....set the standard for all the other elected bozos in congress.

Wow, the gung-ho  high and mighty Republican morality police are coming out of the woodwork now...  even though they've been ignoring it for, oh, the last 3 generations.

Who knew that it would take a Democrat gettin' busted to set off their alarm. Huge fricken suprise.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2006, 09:36:57 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Sounds like a right interesting conspiracy blog theory. But it has me on pins and needles. I do indeed want to hear more about this one.

Didn't you hear?

Buddhist monks rugby-tossed a paper bag full of unmarked hundred dollar bills to Al Gore as he rushed to his plane.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2006, 09:37:42 PM »
!! Boy, are you ever spoilin fer a fight!

no more caffine fer you tonight, nash.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2006, 09:42:15 PM »
Hey, if I were in your shoes, I'd be a Democrat.

Nobody calls me a "grapefruit" without a fight. ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2006, 10:02:12 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger

100%.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2006, 10:06:39 PM »
Yeah, 100%, I'll grant you that.

100% curiosity that Gunslinger is expressing it now.

Lets see....Where was that 100% determination when it has come to, oh, the dozens of Republicans booted from their jobs into probation or the pen?

Hypocrites are us.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2006, 10:20:22 PM »
Nash... take a breath, lol.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2006, 10:27:30 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I would be careful getting up on that high horse.  The person you voted for is probably just as guilty of something.  The only difference is, she/he has not gotten caught yet.

Term limits will not help and will exacerbate the problems with corruption and politicians not doing anything (other than taking money).  Short term thinking never solves long term problems.

Who cares what party they are in.  By default, they are crooked.  They have to be in order to get where they are.  We just would not have it any other way.  We glorify the criminal.  We put them up on pedestals.  We idolize them.  We pay them large amounts of money for the rights to thier story.  We give them ungodly amounts of free press.  We put them on television so they can tell use thier sad tale.  We are entertained by them.

It must be true, as all the news channels make huge deals out of it.  There is a reason for it.

what high horse?
I think term limits is a step in the right direction - for both parties. The next is to restore the position back to public servant with its salary not to exceed that of the chief of police in the politicians district. I do not think they are all crooked and the ones that are probably didn't start out that way. The power amassed in their over stayed reign corrupts the majority of what it touches.
term limits with real life compensation packages <-including their retirement packages, while removing the ability to vote themselves raises - would change the face of our government for the better.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2006, 11:16:53 PM »
can we still burn the lobbists?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2006, 11:18:32 PM »
Whutsa a lobbist?