Author Topic: Flight training CFI  (Read 735 times)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Flight training CFI
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 01:29:52 PM »
ever think of going military?

its better to get paid to learn than to pay for it.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Flight training CFI
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 02:00:26 PM »
Bud...A few years back I looked into going to an academy to get my ratings done on a fast track plan....I ended up doing it the traditional way at my local FBO, and couldnt be happier...From internet research, and first hand conversations with "students" who attended some of these academys, I concluded that for the most part there is no fixed price, and the training is half ***...I wouldnt trust the 44k or whatever rate they are telling you unless you get it in writting...Otherwise it will more than likely end up to be around 50 or 60 grand for something you could have done for half the price at a ma and pa flight school with argueabally significantally better training...And the whole 9 months PPL to right seat in an ERJ is a load of BS...The only thing these academys can gurantee you is an interview...Even if you were to get a right seat job do you know how much guys make flying for the regionals?  About 18-20k...Realistically can you afford to live off this salary, and pay your key loan back in a timely manner before interest accumulate beyond control?

The only academy that I have heard good reviews on (price/flight training) was ATP...

I think you should check out the forums at http://www.jetcareers.com
The bottom 8 or so forums are dedicated to the individual academys, and it is a great resource I think you MUST look at before committing all this money...

goodluck
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Flight training CFI
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 02:05:14 PM »
Ofcourse if you got some balls you will check this out....

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Flight training CFI
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 06:26:43 PM »
I just noticed one of the lines...

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM GOJET!

A little research between the waterski guys and the gateway @#$%ers goes a long way.

Offline 0GravPirate

• Zinc Member
Flight training CFI
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 01:15:30 AM »
ty all good info here exactly what i needed.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Flight training CFI
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 01:34:52 AM »
0grav...Did you check out the jetcareers forum?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Flight training CFI
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2006, 08:54:41 AM »
One last thing for you to think about regarding some of these " we'll have a job for you at graduation" schools....

If the big boy airlines have thousands of qualified pilots knocking down their doors to get in why would they want to hire some school, who turns out noob's with no real experience, to recruit for them. They don't need anyones help finding pilots. They have 30-50 years of experience to pick and choose who they want without anyones help.

Hope this helps with the schools you think about choosing....degree counts much too!

Ren
The Damned