Author Topic: The ONE feature that I really hate about AH is..(Fill in blank)  (Read 3324 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
The ONE feature that I really hate about AH is..(Fill in blank)
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2001, 10:41:00 PM »
More use for the C-47 besides just dropping troops.  C-47 just might be the best aircraft in that war.  Using it to supply bases bombed with ammo, fuel etc. would be nice.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline gijeff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2001, 11:15:00 PM »
Salute Gents,

NO CONTEST it is the F#)(@%&$(^%$ pilot wounded effect, most frustrating damned thing I have ever experienced.  Just #@%$)(&# kill me and have done with it!!

Jeff Waite
aka GIJeff

Offline majic

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2001, 11:53:00 PM »
no Liberator, no Mitchell...no Superfo...ok, maybe not the superfortress

Offline tanij

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2001, 12:03:00 AM »
Can drop a bomb even a plane upside down.

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2001, 12:53:00 AM »
my biggest gripe is with same old MA-style play.  The CT and TOD are keeping me very interested though.  What's left to gripe about?  Not much... I wish we had choosable skins and customized code letters on side of plane (like in Il-2  :) ) and oh yeah, CONTRAILS at high altitude.  :D

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2001, 01:05:00 AM »
I think base capture is too easy, but I don't think more AA is the way to solve it.

Maybe each field should have a supply shed and the ack stays up until the supply shed is destroyed.  After the supply shed goes down, yeah, you can shoot ack.  Maybe the supply shed should take about 12k of bombs to take down.  Maybe the trains/trucks could be responsible for keeping the supply sheds alive.  

I dunno, base capture needs to be more complicated.

I don't "hate" the current base capture, but I would enjoy it more if it were more complicated.

AKcurly

Offline elstevie

• Copper Member
      •  http://stevenewing_1.tripod.com/bf109/
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2001, 01:43:00 AM »
N1k

make fighter 50cal. as lethal as buff.50cal.  :eek:

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2001, 04:51:00 AM »
The uncoopperative sheep.

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2001, 05:03:00 AM »
AWACS Datalink Vertical Situation Display

Got to be mind as well

*Also base capture needs to be more complicated
*Strat

Offline Grayarea

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2001, 05:26:00 AM »
Perk points. I am being discriminated against because I don't play as often or am as good as other people, yet I pay the same amount of money as they do.

I have no better suggestion for a alternative I just hate the current system. It is so UNFAIR.

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2001, 05:39:00 AM »
Although I would like to see some changes, many listed already, there is only one thing that gets my goat worse than anything: a display of rudeness or lack of sportmanship online in the arenas or on this bbs.

MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline minus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2001, 05:56:00 AM »
whiners about whine and  freakz who like to keep the things in dark age  :p

Offline FDisk

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2001, 06:02:00 AM »
That there is a large % of amazinhunks and "elitists" people that play this game. I play alot of online games over about 7 years and i've never met so many bad apples that ruined the bunch.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2001, 07:36:00 AM »
Here's my soundoff on the subject.  I truly hate getting into an uncontrollable spin out, and not being able to get out of it, and crashing.  That's what I don't like.  :mad:

Offline shoppe123

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2001, 09:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by Tozza:
People who cant be bothered learing or reading help files and blurt out in CAPS things like:

1)HOW DO I FLY?
2)HOW DO I BOMB?
3)DEFEND A32 NOW-DO AS I SAY I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD.
Squelchy Squelchy Squelchy

Not a flame or anything. But having just started my learning curve in the game, I must comment on #2. First there's just a massive amount of things to figure out just starting. It's human nature to just want to hop in there and start having fun. And while a new player may be a bit of a pain, if they are treated poorly or ignored (in their mind), they may feel the community is unhelpful and view the game in an unfavorable manner. If there's fewer new players entering the game, we all know what that means. It means LeadPump isn't gonna see any new dweebs he has a chance at killing  :D But seriously, I think we all need to try and help a new player, even if it's to direct them to the web site. I fully understand your frustration, and how distracting this can be. I tend to post on the messages boards and found them far more informative than the help files. I've always gotten a surprising amount of help here on the boards in the past few weeks in a very timely fashion. While I know how distracting and difficult it is to give lengthy instructions online, new players probably do not feel this way. And what is the fault of unclear help files reflects unjustly on the community as unresponsive or uncaring.

Anyway back to #2. Bombing really isn't described well. To an advanced player these instructions seem very clear. And it is easy once you "get it". To a dweeb like myself, primary and secondary, and selecting secondary, to me didn't in the least instruct *me* on bombing. I related secondary as cannons (etc) till it dawned on me. It was a few days, after reading the instructions several times, that it started to dawn on me that my secondary weapon some how related to bombing. These instructions could be broken down to be much more effective and I feel they should be brought up to speed. I can write my name and everything, but I had a very hard time learning some of the game basics. Now I know them it's a piece of cake. But figuring it out was another thing. It took a lot of experimenting, and that shouldn't be necessary. Some of the instructions talk a lot but tell nothing. Much like my long winded posts.

I didn't get off the field till I read about take offs on these boards. The help files often just don't break it down into clear language and clear steps that need to be taken.

It really needs to be put as 1. start engine 2. apply throttle etc. I think you'd get many more new players sticking with the game if it was done this way. While I usually enjoy a challenge, not everyone's like me. The help files need a serious tweeking in a few areas, and it's the game and it's players that deal with the fall out of this in the mean time. Thanks for the read, LeadPump