Author Topic: Skuzzy: quick question  (Read 348 times)

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Skuzzy: quick question
« on: June 28, 2006, 10:58:29 AM »
Ghost of the past here :)

Since i moved to europe my pings are in 200ms area which makes the game more or less unplayable. I know that some people can handle it ok, i just can't.

So, question is:

Are there any plans for a server in Europe ?
I have as quick connection as I can get in here and 150ms is best i can do. Worst is steady 300ms :( But to servers in London i'm about 35ms time, the ocean hoop takes about 70 do 100 ms :(

So, what's the plan ? Gonna expand into europe or what ? Tell HT i'll get him a bottle of the weird stuff he drinks :)

fd

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Re: Skuzzy: quick question
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 06:40:03 PM »
Originally posted by fd ski
Ghost of the past here :)

Since i moved to europe my pings are in 200ms area which makes the game more or less unplayable. I know that some people can handle it ok, i just can't.

So, question is:

Are there any plans for a server in Europe ?
I have as quick connection as I can get in here and 150ms is best i can do. Worst is steady 300ms :( But to servers in London i'm about 35ms time, the ocean hoop takes about 70 do 100 ms :(

So, what's the plan ? Gonna expand into europe or what ? Tell HT i'll get him a bottle of the weird stuff he drinks :)

fd

Just checked the times to our Corp. HQ servers in the UK. Yup It's bad. 1st hop over the pond was 174ms then they averaged around 100.

There are a lot of guys playing in the UK. Are you sure it is net speed that is causing all your problems?

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 07:15:19 PM »
its distance:)
FD i doubt you could have better connection, most of guys from Europe have 200+ (mostly around 300)

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 03:36:31 AM »
well, i can't handle 200-300 range. Close range scissors, guy overshoots, is in front of you, and then you get pinged and killed. On his FE, I was in front of him :( Same thing happends in WB. Just a natural netlag due to distance.

Therefore... how about a Euro server HT ? Gotta expand and all :D

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 11:28:55 AM »
No plans for it fdski.  This time of year is always bad for the Internet.  It will probably get better in August or September again.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 12:31:07 PM »
Playing from germany i have 150 range of ping. Had 250 with another provider. So its not that bad connection for all of europe.

While i still have problems at times with packet loss or unsteady connection it is ok most of the time.

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 12:41:47 PM »
i am just out side london and depending on time of day my ping goes from 120  up to  160,only once have i every been below 110.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 04:24:29 AM »
Same conect as Schutt here. (down to same router)

The problem per se isnt the longer ping time. Ill gladly take a 300ms ping thats STABLE over a 100 ping thats unreliable and variant.

These last weeks, connect has been a bit haywire, but its still mostly playable (the one Spitty that shot me from 50 yds in front of my gun, well, i just shrugged and moved on). Past experience showd that those jumpy connects tend to calm down after a few weeks.

Where in Europe are you?
Ask around in your neighbourhood, maybe changing provider can improve your connect.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 12:07:48 PM »
He is in Warsaw, Poland

When i was there my pings range from Dial -up run around 350-450.
Due HT server code ots still plyable, but you have to learn a little bit diferent style of fight.

FD ask guys on our website how they hande it.