Author Topic: how to capture a field  (Read 405 times)

Offline death-sas

• Zinc Member
how to capture a field
« on: June 05, 2006, 04:32:02 PM »
hi

i was just wondering how to capture fields, do you need to plan a mission or anything?

Offline benytree

• Copper Member
how to capture a field
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 04:51:08 PM »
obviously, your new.

no you dont need to but having a few friends with you is a good choice.

first, you need to take out all of the guns on the airfield.

second, you need to get a C47 with goons. (paratroopers)

third, fly over the base and drop the troopers.

fourth, the troopers will destroy the map room and hence you have the base.

I usually land on the enemy field to make sure my goons get to the map room.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
how to capture a field
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 04:54:08 PM »
You must destroy ALL (1 is indestructable) buildings within the town. Once all building are destroyed, you must get 10 troops into the map room that is in the town, either by using a C-47 or an M-3 (each hold 10 troops) or using jeeps ... each jeep holds 3 troops ... so you would need at least 4 jeeps worth.

Note: Troops dropped from a C-47 must be let loose at least 800 ft above ground level. You can land a C-47 next to a town and let them out ... they will run into the map room from there. DO NOT drop troops over the airbase ... the map room is in the town.

How you destroy the town is up to you ... you could set up a mission or just get a bunch of people together to accomplish the task.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
how to capture a field
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 05:01:36 PM »
Originally posted by benytree
obviously, your new.

obviously you are new, as what you just said is total garbage.

to capture a base, destroy everything in the town, including the two anti-aircraft guns (there are one or two indestructable buildings in the town, dont worry about them) once the town, which is usually within a few miles from the base, and shown on the map as a yellow dot near the base, you must get 10 troops, via a C47, M3, LVTA2 or jeep into the maproom in the town, which is quite near the centre of the town itself, looks like a little hill/bunker thing.

once you drop ten troops near the maproom, they will run in, destroy the maproom, and the town, and the base that is accompanies will belong to your side

hope that helps:aok

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
how to capture a field
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 05:06:23 PM »
^Pooface, thats not garbage.... thants how it works in H2H.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
how to capture a field
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 05:12:03 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
^Pooface, thats not garbage.... thants how it works in H2H.

i think i've only ever seen 2 H2H rooms that worked like that, maybe it was just a certain map. in general though, that's how it works, by HTC MA settings

Offline benytree

• Copper Member
how to capture a field
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 05:37:46 PM »
i think i've only ever seen 2 H2H rooms that worked like that, maybe it was just a certain map. in general though, that's how it works, by HTC MA settings
====================================================
yes, thats how it works on all maps in H2H. so in H2H follow my steps

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
how to capture a field
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 05:42:01 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
You must destroy ALL (1 is indestructable) buildings within the town. Once all building are destroyed, you must get 10 troops into the map room that is in the town, either by using a C-47 or an M-3 (each hold 10 troops) or using jeeps ... each jeep holds 3 troops ... so you would need at least 4 jeeps worth.

Note: Troops dropped from a C-47 must be let loose at least 800 ft above ground level. You can land a C-47 next to a town and let them out ... they will run into the map room from there. DO NOT drop troops over the airbase ... the map room is in the town.

How you destroy the town is up to you ... you could set up a mission or just get a bunch of people together to accomplish the task.

Thats exactly how you capture a base. H2H does not count as they are all sissified settings.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
how to capture a field
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 09:30:33 PM »
Originally posted by benytree
obviously, your new.

C47=goon
Troops=Drunks not goons
Never land on the enemy airfield land in the town or drop from 800 AGL or above the ground level usually check the field altitude to find out. You can also use an M3 or LVTA2 to drop troops.

The indestructible build is the one that has a road leading into it from the outside and usually can see a convoy going to it. Also, to destroy town buildings use bombs rockets cannons or even 50 caliber bullets but it takes a lot. Your best bet would be the 110G with the two 500kg bombs and the 4 50kg bombs on the sides then use the 30mm cannon before all those 20mm's. SHould be able to get at least 15 to 20 buildings. Also tip for you: when using the 110G get rid of your tailgun ammo to at least 500 rounds and don;t use it as your primary defence. I only use to check my 6 and if i see someone i will fire at them till they are 600 out and then manuver. Be aware of its ability to flatspin.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech