Author Topic: Irritating if not a bug  (Read 634 times)

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Irritating if not a bug
« on: April 26, 2006, 10:48:36 PM »
I have had my tanks killed by 20mm's on C-hogs three times now, one tiger & two panzers. No bombs or rockets...just the 20mm's strafing. I also ran into a spawn point tonight where Sheri,Dr7 & Wonder were hanging out; they were firing through trees & the solid hedges that you can't usually drive or fire through; & there was one of them firing either from the old sub-terrainian glitch or through the hill. All you could see was a little speck of dark color & a round would fly out of no-where & kill you. Other people saw this as well so it wasn't my connection or my ping rate or my net status or my computer etc. etc. I am also getting the "AHII has encountered a problem & needs to close - send error report" since the move. I haven't changed anything on my end, not drivers or anything.

All this since the latest version & the move.

It's getting old folks.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Irritating if not a bug
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 12:12:30 AM »
Not sure about the latter part of your question, but I can tell you that I have killed Panzers with the CHog before. (not sure about the Tiger, but maybe that too).

It is really hard to tell from the ground if you are being fired on with rockets or guns. Rockets will most defintitely take you out. However, well placed cannon rounds (CHog...20MM)  can surgically remove a turret.

The latter part, and this is only what I have heard ( I don't spend any time in GV's) is that it is a known bug and will eventually get adressed. HTC is working hard on CT at the moment, and on top of that are actively making improvements to what we have now.

Dale and co. are top notch. Have patience.

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Irritating if not a bug
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 07:34:23 AM »
I concur as well on the tank killing 20mm.  It's extremely rare, but I have killed panzers with my 20mm hub on the Yak9u.  I've also killed them with the 9T 37mm rounds fired into the engine.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Irritating if not a bug
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 08:03:38 AM »
It is really hard to tell from the ground if you are being fired on with rockets or guns. Rockets will most defintitely take you out

I know for a fact in all three instances it was guns only. I have tried at least hundreds of times from all angles & have never been able to kill a tank out-right with 20mm's Engine/tracks yes but never blow up a fresh un-pinged tank like that. I must investigate.

I concur as well on the tank killing 20mm. It's extremely rare, but I have killed panzers with my 20mm hub on the Yak9u. I've also killed them with the 9T 37mm rounds fired into the engine.

I am speaking only of the 20mm, I wouldn't have mentioned a IL-2 or Yak or Hurri with the 40mm, I know they can kill a tank. Also this isn't extremely rare, it's happened three times in three days. I have sat behind a tiger before with an Ostie & emptied it into a Tiger before, I'm talking every single round of 37mm HE. I knocked out the engine & tracked it, but no matter where I shot it i couldn't kill it. I can kill a Tiger with one shot from a Panzer or T-34 by the way. I do know where to hit them. The only place 20mm's would be able to even hope to penetrate would be the hatches & I doubt even that. Again, I must investigate.

My biggest problem is the sudden AHII crashes & failures to load. But I think that's the move & will get sorted soon (I hope). CT or no CT these things have to be addressed; the "underground tank" was supposed to have been fixed in this last update so yes...it is a known bug; a known bug that was supposedly fixed; & the firing through solid objects I haven't really ever encountered before this newest update & I spend a lot of time in GV's. I have had more problems per hour of playing AHII than any other game I have ever played. I'm not bashing HTC or any individual, just stating the facts.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Irritating if not a bug
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 09:18:08 AM »
were you inside the tank, or sitting on top with the prindle gun? From what I understand, if your sticking out the top of your tank the guy can hit you with a beer can at 250 knots and you can get "pilot killed". I'm sure a 20mm cannon round would pretty much do the same thing. :D

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Irritating if not a bug
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 09:42:28 AM »
Buttoned up behind the main gun all three times. The funny thing is on the last occurence of the 20mm kill, I was in the pintle, he dropped his bombs in two passes & missed by a long shot, then came back around & fired all his rockets & missed by an even bigger margin. That's when I went back to the main gun....it was the next pass that sent me back to tower.

This little 20mm tank killing thing is minor though. Irritating enough to make me quit the game eventually, but the problem with the crashes is the major thing. If I can't even load the game why pay for it. I did get it to load last night & I flew for a bit, but as soon as I quit I saw the message "AHII has encountered a problem & needs to close" so I know it was just a matter of time before I got booted.

I would swear it was a problem with my PC but it started when they did the move & I haven't changed anything on my PC. No windows updates, no driver changes, nothing & it was running trouble free before that & had been since I built this new machine. ( 2 months or so )

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Irritating if not a bug
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 11:14:23 AM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
I also ran into a spawn point tonight where Sheri,Dr7 & Wonder were hanging out; they were firing through trees & the solid hedges that you can't usually drive or fire through; & there was one of them firing either from the old sub-terrainian glitch or through the hill. All you could see was a little speck of dark color & a round would fly out of no-where & kill you.

If this happened in TT I know exactly where it what you're talking about and reported it via email months and months ago. There's a hole you can park in and while you can see out, no-one can see in, all that is visible to other players is the pintle gun.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Irritating if not a bug
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 11:28:04 AM »
No it wasn't TT it was at a spawn just north of a port. Also I'm not saying those three players I mentioned were even AWARE of what was happening. So no accusations of cheating or gaming the game or anything like that. Just mixed with the crashes & the other little irritants I needed to vent or quit the game & I don't plan to quit anytime soon so; where better to vent about percieved glitches or bugs. I just hope I get the crashes figured out soon.

Offline FlyingFortress

• Zinc Member
Irritating if not a bug
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 04:33:05 AM »
I am speaking only of the 20mm, I wouldn't have mentioned a IL-2 or Yak or Hurri with the 40mm, I know they can kill a tank. Also this isn't extremely rare, it's happened three times in three days. I have sat behind a tiger before with an Ostie & emptied it into a Tiger before, I'm talking every single round of 37mm HE. I knocked out the engine & tracked it, but no matter where I shot it i couldn't kill it. I can kill a Tiger with one shot from a Panzer or T-34 by the way. I do know where to hit them. The only place 20mm's would be able to even hope to penetrate would be the hatches & I doubt even that. Again, I must investigate.

Brenjen ..

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Irritating if not a bug
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 10:22:08 AM »
Old Thread Bullz, I figured out the problem with the crashes that was just driving me nuts! It was a thermal issue with my P/C.

:rofl I'm not going to quit, I don't recall saying I was going to in fact I think it was vent or quit & I'm not quitting or something along those lines.

& I still say 20MM killing a fresh Tiger, Panzer or T-34 is Bullzz...ah nevermind.

I know the Nik & the F4U-c and the rest of the 20MM armed planes sure kill me a LOT. I got killed by 20MM two out of the ten or so times I died at A-19 last night, I couldn't get a break, so I turned off the game & got in bed with the wife; it's funny I forgot all about this stupid game in a few minutes.

Bullz-flyingfortress, you've taught me quite a bit about this game & I appreciate it.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Irritating if not a bug
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 10:03:02 PM »
Makes total sense -

Kill a Panzer with a 20mm cannon round, bounce Tiger rounds off M3's at <600 yards :) .
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Irritating if not a bug
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 01:27:22 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Makes total sense -

Kill a Panzer with a 20mm cannon round, bounce Tiger rounds off M3's at <600 yards :) .

:rofl  I concur.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Irritating if not a bug
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 01:21:27 PM »
You have it on film?