Author Topic: the new control setup  (Read 196 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
the new control setup
« on: June 09, 2006, 12:36:57 AM »
can be a real PITA. Is requiring 3 different modes and additional keyboard commands to activate them, when they worked fine before really a step forward? I am having a helluva time figuring out some of the commands and what they're labelled as now.

Controls available only in certain vehicles or planes should be able to coexist on a button used for another function which is not used on that particular vehicle/plane. It worked fine before, so I guess my question is, why did you take that functionality away? I don't have a HOTAS, or 12 free keys on the left side of the keyboard. Why make setting up the controls even more of a PITA?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
the new control setup
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 12:50:50 AM »
Though i think Hub is a Dweeb,,,great post, I agree

seems like everything they did,,,makes it more of a PITA to set up

Edit: the new patch helps alot for me,since it recognizes Mode 1 for Planes
and mode 2 for GV's and Boats,,,,, fyi,you gotta map a mode 2 on stick if ya wanna use it

I now can keep my flaps and trim keys workin for planes with the same stick buttons i use for zooming and changing gears with GVs

but Hub is still a dweeb,,,and so is Jaxxo
btw,,,sorry for tellin everyone on green chn ya needed a gunner
and makin ya crash your perk plane :furious
but Kermie was doin it too, and was goin full CAP's
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 01:05:44 AM by Cooley »
Cooleyof 367th

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
the new control setup
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 01:03:59 AM »
I had 3 buttons which had multiple uses, depending on which GV or plane I was in. Now I need 3 more keys, and 3 more modes. Problem is, I don't have any keys I can readily access available, and if I map the modes to the stick, I lose even more funtionality.

The ability to map 2 functions to 1 button without needing 13 extra modes and 14 buttons to toggle them (specifically, unique functions like fire all [buffs], fire position[buffs], fire coax mg[tanks], WEP, etc) was the only good thing about the old control mapping.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech