Author Topic: The new 38 is a monster....Have films to prove it  (Read 3930 times)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
The new 38 is a monster....Have films to prove it
« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2006, 05:15:18 AM »
Interesting Widewing, thanks for the info :)

Tac, the reason the flaps autoretract was answered by HT quite long ago. It's either that or that they jam in that speed instead. They've chosen to make them all auto retract.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2006, 09:19:33 AM »
Originally posted by Tac
the question is: why do the 38 flaps still auto-retract?

Because HiTech believes that the players need to have their hands held.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2006, 09:28:51 AM »
Originally posted by Tac
the question is: why do the 38 flaps still auto-retract?

#1 reason why i have not re-subscribed. Nothing more idiotic than a fairy feature making you spin when all it should do is buffet your plane and in prolonged exposure lock the flaps.

because every plane in ah does? a compromise for sub count as are many other less than rl settings ..

have you tried it since the buffet effect was added? It now gives you a bit of a warning before you spin in ..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2006, 12:36:20 PM »
okay, i saw this one late. after having my fanny handed to me repeatedly by the likes of  horach and delirium and others in my personal garden of eden known as Fiter Town on the present map, i have a rekindled interest in the 38. i've always loved the plane but  have been unable to do much with it. in the ta i'll fly the j model but in the ma i get nastified by anyone with a gun. if any of you 38 jocks would be kind enough to give a boost i'd be grateful. brick31...currently flying 51b,spit5,and sometimes 47-d40  p.s. i know it wasn't the plane. delirium and horach and the other guy srry cant remember yer name.