Author Topic: Skins  (Read 419 times)

Offline BTILiLKilla

• Zinc Member
Skins
« on: May 28, 2006, 08:58:20 AM »
hi all can someone please help me, I've made this awesome skin ( i changed the colors + design) it looks awesome. But i dont know how to fly with it in th real game. Can someone help me get it so i can fly with the skins that i make for planes?:)

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Skins
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 09:21:57 AM »
Check out the "Custom Sounds and Skins" Forum further down the board.

The instructions for submitting a new skin are there.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline wes34th

• Copper Member
skins
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 09:28:20 AM »
There should be directions on how to submit skins to htc in the
instructions for the game.You will see a text message in the game
when new skins are added.:)

wes34th famous quote:"So you want to pay me that to do what?"

Offline Lord ReDhAwK

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.revivecomputing.com/aggressors
Skins
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 02:29:42 PM »
BT,

Skinners have our own forum called Custom Sounds and Skins a little more down the forum list.  To answer your imediate question though, you cannot just make a skin and put it in your HTC folder and fly it online in the arena.  HTC has very strict guidelines on submitting a skin for approval.  All skins have to be accurate WW2 aircraft that actually flew in the war.  You have to submit your research of the aircraft you created with weblinks, pictures, ect.  HTC has always had the policy that the artwork for the game will never be stored on the end users computer.  All artwork used in the game is stored on the HTC servers.  This ensures there are no "bright orange" C47s that will stick out, giving unfair advantage to players.

Come on by and check out our forum.  We can show you how to do it the right way :aok

ReDhAwK
C.O.
The Aggressors

Offline BTILiLKilla

• Zinc Member
Skins
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 08:06:23 PM »
well........I made a skin for an a6m5b I made another file called am65b1 I editied that, I copied the stuff i changed to the reguler 1, I changed the colors, I made the wings plus the body black + red flames, s that ok??

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Skins
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 08:35:23 PM »
mmm, it does not sound like a historical skin to me...
Are you sure that the IJN used that paint scheme during the war? :rolleyes:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lord ReDhAwK

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.revivecomputing.com/aggressors
Skins
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 09:52:50 PM »
Salute BT,

Its fine for you to fly offline mode for your personal enjoyment.  However, it will not pass to be placed in the main arena by HTC.  Only a factual, historic skin can be submitted to them.  Umm, well it can be submitted, only historics will be passed :D  

Sorry bud,

ReDhAwK
C.O.
The Aggressors

Offline BTILiLKilla

• Zinc Member
Skins
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 06:29:53 PM »
Lord ReDhAwK

ok tthanks, but would it pass to go to h2h , and, i couldnt find the custom sounds and skins. But I still want to know how to insert it to the  plane so I can even fly with it.:D

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Skins
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 03:19:49 AM »
H2H doesnt have custom skins enabled. Only skins that work there are the default ones.
Unless there are skins built into the terrain (Dont ask me how THAT is done though, ive never created a terrain with extra skins)
21 is only half the truth.

Offline BTILiLKilla

• Zinc Member
Skins
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 08:07:22 AM »
AND.....how do you guys get those little pictures under your names like that?:confused: :confused:

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Skins
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 10:50:13 AM »
Originally posted by BTILiLKilla
AND.....how do you guys get those little pictures under your names like that?:confused: :confused:

On the top of each page is a small button that says "USER CP". If you go there, select the "Edit Options" sheet. On the bottom of it, youll find a button that says "Change Avatar". Clicking that it will ask you for the location of said avatar on your computer. Find the file and upload it :).

The avatar needs to be a jpg or gif (can be animated!!). Maximum allowed size is 64x64 pixels, 30,000 Bytes (30 KB).
21 is only half the truth.