Author Topic: Force Feedback Issue (MS FF PPro 2)  (Read 1888 times)

Offline gw327th

• Zinc Member
Force Feedback Issue (MS FF PPro 2)
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 09:31:39 PM »
I have a MS FF 2 also and having the same trouble as all above. Have not been able to fly cents the update for working on this.I think we the people with these sticks should get a discount this month or something for all the time we have put in these stick's to try and make them work.What do the people think?

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2006, 09:32:08 PM »
FWIW... Forces turn off and on with the game turning off and on.  Stay's on right up until you actually enter the arena.  Then will turn on again when you quit out of the game.  If you alt-tab out of the game, it stays off, even if you close out of the game from the desktop.  If you unplug the usb during the game and plug it back in, the forces come back, but AH no longer has stick input.

There is no return to center...  I'd be happy just to get that back.  Would be nice to have this fixed before the weekend starts too.

Tumor
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2006, 09:38:58 PM »
did u guys check you fluid levels?
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2006, 09:44:57 PM »
This isnt Atari, and I have been playing Flight Sims for many years. MS flight sim Air Warrior (when they charged by the hour), Warbirds even WWII online. Im not delusional, but I do know that when somthing works, you leave it alone. And when you improve it, it is suppose to work better. Not the other way around. It's an easy decision to make. Another $100 for new gear or save $180 a year not to be a BETA TESTER

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2006, 09:58:49 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
There is a bug in the force feedback support, which effects various forces.  You should still be able to map all the commands/functions to the inputs of the stick.  If you are having issues with mapping functions, then we need to know.  Keep in mind, we can no longer obtain a MS stick of any kind.

The problem stemmed from a change MS did in DirectInput.  HT has already found it and the force feedback support should be corrected in the next update.

Skuzzy,
You realize this is critical to us MS FFers... There is absolutely no spring or force at all acting on the stick.  It makes flying completely impossible.  I haven't even logged in after I got frustrated trying to fix it.  We need this fixed NOW please, if you haven't implemented it yet.

Thanks!, :aok

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2006, 10:07:23 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
So when you disable the force feedback in the game it is not centering?  Odd.  The stick we have does.  When you plug the power into the stick, does it center?  Or does it flop around?  Not connected to the computer.

Limp as a dead fish....

Mine is a second generation FF... a FF2.  Yours has a button on the back side of the base?  If so, it's a very old one.

I also believe there are 2 generations of FF2s.  One has RED indicator light, while the older one is GREEN. (I think)

I would be happy to mail you mine if it will help...

Any idea of how long this might take?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 10:14:02 PM by BigMax »

Offline eh

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2006, 10:28:49 PM »
uh oh. Think I will avoid patch 2 until a fix for the fix comes along.

Big Max, you are right: The earlier version of the FFB2 has a green light, and the later one is red. I wonder if the problem exists for both versions? I am using the older version in AH, but have a red one in a box.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2006, 12:00:44 AM »
Tophat helped me to get my FFB to work.

When in game, alt tab out. GO into your game controllers and test the forces. Then click OK to the MS ffb stick. Go back into game. It should work.

~AoM~

Offline Deth7

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.pigstompers.net
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2006, 12:10:57 AM »
I can't alt tab since 2.07 game dumps on me       :(
EA Still Blows...AOL Still Sux

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2006, 12:56:48 AM »
didn't work... :cry

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2006, 03:12:42 AM »
I have an older version stick with the green status light as well guys. Also Skuzzy I dont know if this will help yall in any way, but I still had Beta 2.07 Patch 5 loaded and my stick works like it is supposed to in that version. I think the patch 5 was the last update on the beta before you released 2.08 correct?

Offline gw327th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2006, 03:59:14 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
Tophat helped me to get my FFB to work.

When in game, alt tab out. GO into your game controllers and test the forces. Then click OK to the MS ffb stick. Go back into game. It should work.

Did that, got the forces to work but the stick will not stay centered,will not stay in auto pilot.Been here 4 year's and this is BS.Got 15 hour's working on this damn thing.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2006, 04:12:03 AM »
Woke up this morning........

v2.08 patch 2 autodownloaded and guess what.....

no return to center force anymore on my MS-FF2.

I missed the release of 2.08.  Originally downloaded 2.08 patch 1 a couple of days ago and had no return to center force then either but disabling and re-enabling the trim FF fixed it.  This morning.....that doesnt fix it.  Patch 1 worked fine for me, patch 2 doesnt.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2006, 04:17:12 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH

He's right.

From within AH alt tab out and go to game controllers.......click properties.....click the forces tab and press a few buttons to get the sample forces transmitted to the stick.  Then alt tab back into AH and abracadabra......the stick now works fine.

All you whingers whinging about having been trying to fix it for hours......I fixed mine using this little tip from FiLtH in 5 minutes flat and with very little swearing.

Offline Flism

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2006, 04:31:17 AM »
ROB!!

heheh yeah an X45 here on standby too, gotten too comfy with that MSFF2 for donkey years. hmm will try Filth's suggestion.

Flism