Author Topic: Firing limit for barrels  (Read 401 times)

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Firing limit for barrels
« on: June 08, 2006, 02:07:16 PM »
Was there a time limit say for the .50 that you could fire before you risk destroying the barrel? One thing i'm kinda thinking is a linear reduction in the accuracy of fires for the longer you hold down the trigger. Particularly with Osti's, M16's, 5 inch...

Wolf

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Bruno

• Silver Member
      • http://4jg53.org
Firing limit for barrels
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 03:28:53 PM »
See this thread:

Gun overheat

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
Firing limit for barrels
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 03:46:48 PM »
Here's another one.. does anyone know of an HTC response to this debate?

Offline Gryf

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.wwiionoline.com
Firing limit for barrels
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 03:51:10 PM »
I dunno about HTC but I just find this mechanic outright un-fun. If you go this route you might as well model the typical random malfunctions for aborts, force overheating if you're not using cowl flaps properly and a host of other minor mechanical failures.

The guy who has to spray and pray and wear out his guns is gonna be out of the fight fast because of ammunition useage. As it stands a lot of folks just ditch the game because they only fly and die rather than make a successful kill. Why make the game even harder to gain success than it already is?

Lets make folks log off in frustration even faster! :D

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Firing limit for barrels
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 03:53:56 PM »
I think I have to agree...

While this might have happened in reality, I don't think any one single WW2 game has ever modelled it. Why? Because it's just too nit-picky. It denies the player the right to do what they want -- pull the trigger.

Sure you can make arguments for making complex engine management, or trimming, or in-flight fiddling, but when it comes time to pull the trigger -- if it doesn't work people uninstall the game and more on to another one.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Firing limit for barrels
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 06:05:14 PM »
why dont we start sitting on the runway, letting the planes warm up, do run ups, checks, all that bull****. So it takes 20 minutes just to take the ****ing plane off the ground.

the game has been bastardized enough. Leave the **** alone already.

oh yeah, and instead of having 30 second hot pads, how about 30 minutes to an hour?
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Firing limit for barrels
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 06:58:19 PM »
The other problem with the AAA vehicle thing is that the sights we have
in AH are a joke...you are better off shotgunning with the tracers than
using the "sights" on the vehicle.  Throw in overheat and stoppages and you might as well remove them entirely.

I'm against anything that would reduce fun and not add to playability.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars