Author Topic: Version 2.08 patch 0 aka (Version 2.07 Patch 4 Beta)  (Read 241 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Version 2.08 patch 0 aka (Version 2.07 Patch 4 Beta)
« on: June 02, 2006, 01:43:24 AM »
Mission Planner Bugs – Not what you see is what you get.

Select a Lancaster - set Fuel to 25%, set Bombs to anything, 14x1000lb Bombs, set the formation checkbox.  It shows up as Flight #1 Lancaster.

Click the Lancaster flight as if you wanted to edit it or set waypoints -
A. Watch the fuel load change back to 75%.
B. Watch the formation check box get cleared.
C. The runway spawn points always revert back to the Hanger (and always launch there on Baltic A1).
D. An error message constantly popped up, "You cant move to that airfield"

Using the default P51 – Select Internal Ordnance, under the Loadout, activate the dropdown menu and scroll right.  Next Select the Rocket Rails, the rockets are still scrolled off to the left and there is no scroll bar to scroll them back into full view.  The player work around is obvious but when you get time....

Skins are not yet one of the Loadout Type options darnit. ;)

Spawnpoints - More wierdness.  I noticed when you select a Large Airfield and the P51 is up, the flight originates in the hanger.  When you switch to a B17, it’s still in the hanger and all 6 runway spawns still show.  I can still set the East or West spawn points.  However, when I click the B17 in the Fight box, the usable runways change to the allowable options.

Waypoints - I notice the originating waypoint is the first right click, not the field location.

I also noticed the Mission Planer isn't available in the Hanger (not new I guess) or the O'Club.  Sometimes the tower has too much vox traffic to want to use the Mission planner in there.

Edit (again):

A two minute launch window will prompt most people to set an additional later flight just to keep the mission up for clock resets such as Friday Night Squad Ops.  Nope, this doesn't work either.  All flights default to the latest start time and end 2 minutes later.

When the mission expires,  the mission editor hangs up.  It showed a minute remaining on the join time but I couldn't join, edit or delete it.  I couldn't close the fold out mission pannel either.  It took the back button to clear it.

On Baltic A17, the bomber launched to the runway facing the right direction.

Also, in the mission plane list it would be nice if only the enabled planeset showed and if a saved mission was loaded with an illegal plane, it should be grayed out like the old mission planner.

--------------------
When the radio text buffer is up, you can't use Esc to bring up the Clipboard without using the Tab key.

--------------------
Installation – During the Plane Cache building, the mouse was unresponsive.
As a mater of taste I’d recommend using a blackboard graphic and a briefing room background instead of the wood grain background.  But I like rubarb pie and it's not very popular.
--------------------

Help Tags - Check - Is it possible for the user to turn off the menu/button “Help Tags”?  A checkbox could be placed in the “GUI” dialog box by making the Font Size box smaller.
--------------------

As a side note, my combination of Saitek x52 stick, x45 throttle and CH rudder didn’t import but then I didn’t expect it to.  That's why I didn't post in the joystick forum.

Guess that's enough for now.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 02:35:18 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Version 2.08 patch 0 aka (Version 2.07 Patch 4 Beta)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 05:24:19 PM »
My thought exactly. I really dont enjoy re-learning GUI every 6 months either. Some things are an improvement...some are an aggrivation :D