Author Topic: Tarsal Tunnel?  (Read 184 times)

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Tarsal Tunnel?
« on: June 05, 2006, 02:53:15 PM »
well about 6 -9 months ago..my foot began hurting...feels liek its broken..sharp pains

Started wearing better shoes..at taht point i was only wearing skate shoes and sandals

got better for a bit..but anytime i do active stuff..skating..lifting heavy stuff..It  begins to hurt...

HAd some absolutly sweeet days of snowboarding 3+ feet of powder..ride all day...no real pains.....few days later.pain

have first app with podiatrist today...I have a good friend who is a retired podiatrists..Chinese guy...showed me some ways to tape ankle so it releives the  pressure on my nerves.....It seems to help...Hopefully can find a brace that will do the same...kind of a pain in the *** to tape up everyday..i have been going thru alot of tape

Anyone here with experience?

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Tarsal Tunnel?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 02:58:03 PM »
As long as your wanking hand is fully recovered, you've no cause for complaint! :aok

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Tarsal Tunnel?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 03:02:43 PM »
Does it hurt the most first thing in the morning?  When you put your foot down on the floor for the first time and put weight on it does it feel like you're walking on nails/broken glass?
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Tarsal Tunnel?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 05:13:11 PM »
Originally posted by DiabloTX
Does it hurt the most first thing in the morning?  When you put your foot down on the floor for the first time and put weight on it does it feel like you're walking on nails/broken glass?

thats ME!.  My heel has been killing me for about a year now.  I think its plantar fascitis, but im scared to go to the doctor.  Somedays, no pain at all, otheres, big ouchie.  Cant hardly walk.  I hope i aint broke.:(

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Tarsal Tunnel?
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 05:25:18 PM »
Whitehawk, you need to get it checked out and maybe get some treatment short of surgery. What you describe is an early case and should respond to treatment. I had the surgery on both feet a few years back. The pain was so bad I was ready to start looking for a wheel chair. Don't let it go as it will only get worse. If you think it's bad now, let it go and you will learn how much it can really hurt.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Tarsal Tunnel?
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 06:15:59 PM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
thats ME!.  My heel has been killing me for about a year now.  I think its plantar fascitis, but im scared to go to the doctor.  Somedays, no pain at all, otheres, big ouchie.  Cant hardly walk.  I hope i aint broke.:(

That was me too.  Or so the doctor told me. PF was his diagnosis and after about 3 weeks of cortizone shots and electric therapy with no change in the pain he wanted to schedule surgery.  Found another podiatrist who actually took the time to look at my foot, watched me walk, and had MRI's done on my feet.  He diagnosed something completely different.  I dont' remember what it's called but basically the shin bone's angle between the knees and the ankles is at a greater than normal angle.  Prescribed orthotics and the pain is gone.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo