Author Topic: Mission Editor v2.08 patch 1 bugs - compiled and summarized  (Read 143 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
When you start looking into the mission editor these might help, they may not be exactly precise but reflect areas of problems. btw The more I play with the new mission editor the more I like where it's going.

Crash - Roscoroo reports the Mission Editor crashes but I don't know Iduplicated his unless it's the CTD or what I call the hang bug.
CTD - Offline, on Mandano, move to A22, open a the Mission editor and immediately double click to edit the p51. Crashes to the desktop everytime.

Unable to select 3rd + mission - TracerX reports players can't select the 3rd or is it 4th active mission in game.  I found that I can scroll to it but when I click it; it doesn't show the planes in the mission.  I can then click join and it accepts the join and keeps me from selecting a ride or withdrawing since I can't bring up the mission to see the interface.

File names - The editor allows saved file names up to 28 characters long. Won't that cause problems.

Field 65,536 - On Mandano and other terrains, inserted mission name and submitted the default mission, p51, a22 (Bish), didn't notice the single hanger spawn. Repeated 3 times with same results.  This is the same field that CTD.

Current Time field display - The mission Editor doesn't update the current time field and in the Join Mission window, the clock runs 1 minute slower then the tower clock.

Hang bug - For the mission author editing a submitted mission, if the mission window is open when the mission time expires, it hangs up and won't accept input. Does the same for a player who opens a mission and lets the join time pass without joining.

Mission deleted because of minor error -
a) If you submit a mission with a time earlier then the current time, mission is deleted and you loose your work.
b) If the mission author chooses a field where one of the planes is disabled and trys to submit the mission, after the plane disabled message, or country flight disabled message, the mission editor deletes the mission loosing your work unless you saved it.

Saved missions - When you reload a saved mission, the fuel reverts to 25% and you lauch in the hanger. Only the bomb loadout is intact?

Runway radio buttons -
a) The runway direction you set in the last flight you edit, over-writes all the previous flight's runway directions. You can't use multiple runway directions.
b) At a large field, all 7 spawns are shown for bomber unless you double click the flight. Ex: Showing a large field with a p51, select the E runway, then edit the ride to an SBD or Lanc, shows same E runway but launches in the hanger.
c) On some airfields bombers always launch in the Hanger.

Fuel loadout - Picking up values from the clock somehow.  Problem when editing flights, several posts about defaulting to 25%.

Editing - Clicking on the flight changes the displayed settings.
Bomber Formations - Related to Editing, the bomber Formations check box fails to report or changes.

When mission launches Lancasters from A1 on Baltic: "You can't move to that airfield".  I was seeing this message a lot and not just at A1 on Baltic

Loadout List box problem - Using the default P51 – Select Internal Ordnance, under the Loadout, activate the dropdown menu and scroll right. Next Select the Rocket Rails, the rockets are still scrolled off to the left and there is no scroll bar to scroll them back into full view.

No grayed out planes -
a) Once a saved mission is loaded and submitted, shouldn't unavailable planes in the mission be grayed out?
b) Shouldn't unavailable planes be grayed out in the Editor's plane selection list.

Skins are not yet a selectable loadout.
Individual Flight lauch times are gone, is this a tradeoff for Flight skin selection?

Mission planner isn't available in the Hanger or O'Club.

Waypoints - the first one doesn't show properly in the Editor but thankfully shows for the players.

Current Time being stored to other mission variables besides fuel?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001