Author Topic: After I land then what?  (Read 363 times)

Offline fireplug1111

• Zinc Member
After I land then what?
« on: June 05, 2006, 10:59:40 PM »
When I get done flying either out of fuel or ammo, I can land , then what. How do I reload and refuel?

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
After I land then what?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 11:36:27 PM »
Fireplug, you can either exit the plane, or go to the rearm point to keep the same mission going.

To exit, first make sure the plane is completely stopped.  Then type / on the keyboard to open the radio and type

.ef

That's a period at the front.

You can also bring up the clipboard by pressing the Esc key and click on End Mission.

To refuel/rearm and continue the mission, you have to taxi to the rearm point.  The rearm points are at the end of each runway, near a small building.  The rearm point is inside the big yellow circle on the ground.  You may want to recon the rearm points with a jeep first, just so you have a better idea of where they are.

Just a warning: you need to be pretty good with the rudder to rearm.  I've ripped a few too many wings off trying to exit the rearm point.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
After I land then what?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 11:44:14 PM »
also here is a link to a pdf file of the maps of field layouts showing where the rearm pads are for each field type. once you come to a complete stop on the rearming pad, you will see orange text saying you are reloading, then 30 seconds later it will show orange text saying reload is complete.

http://www.netaces.org/ahmaps/AHII%20Field%20Maps.pdf

practice your taxing and rudder control ( and alternate braking with the c & V keys to help control your plane taxing )

good luck :aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC