Author Topic: NEW PATCH! Tell us your thoughts  (Read 1564 times)

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
NEW PATCH! Tell us your thoughts
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 08:45:19 AM »
I own a CH Products  Fighter Stick, USB pedals and pro throttle. I've been away from the game for almost a year.

Mapping was every easy and straight forward for me. I like the changes they made.  I'm not sure why the masses are having such a difficult mapping their sticks. I'm glad to be back.

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 11:56:17 AM »
Dislike the plane selection being in the main clip board window rather than a pop up.  Much rather see the map and con radar dots so it is easier to select which runway is best to up from.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 12:10:58 PM »
Originally posted by Solar10
Dislike the plane selection being in the main clip board window rather than a pop up.  Much rather see the map and con radar dots so it is easier to select which runway is best to up from.

This is one thing I would have to agree with, that and the radio in the tower, but thats not a biggie...

But other than that, like i said in another thread  I think it rocks

Mind you for version 208.2. I would like the autospontanioushumancombustio ncolisionmodelwhine option that hub mentioned as well

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 12:19:15 PM »
I rate 2.08 patch-1 overall a 7.5 out of 10  -  Before patch-1, I would have given it a 6 out of 10

I like the new shell impacts from tanks, puffy ack bursts new look & I think the GUI improvements are ok. The little things like that are allright.

I wish they had run the Beta testing longer before dumping a three quarters ready product onto the masses, 90% of the issues people are having were brought up in the Beta testing thread; but what's done is done. We must move on & strive to help the others & HTC to improve what we have purchased.

These things need work:

Invisible objects on the ground impeding vehicle movement, I have seen trees *blink out* as I approach close to them or use the zoom.

The CV hangar & being unable to select anything in it.

The absence of a map in the hangar to see where you're spawning into.

The absence of the VOX dialog box so you can see who is in the tower. It's not an absolute neccesity, but it is handy to see who's on in your squad & in the tower with you for knocking together impromptu attacks  without bringing up the radio box.

Going to the ship guns positions in the task group; some of the ships positions are half off the screen & some are at such an odd angle it's hard to see what position you are selecting, they all sort of blur together.

If you run a PT boat aground it will half submerge in the terrain & begin to flip up & down. (minor detail I know)

The video frame rate drops where they bottom out for a momment & jump back up causing little mini-freezes/hangs/stutters.

The clipboard jumping to the upper right side of the screen, patch-1 helped my clipboard re-appear in the same place it was when it was minimized in some instances, but in others it still jumps to the right.

I think HTC is on the right track by always working to improve their product; that demonstrates a level of commitment to satisfying the customer base. If they did not continue in this manner the game would quickly stagnate. With just a little more tweaking, version 2.08 is going to be fine.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 01:24:13 PM »
I love the invisible hangers in CV's now. Very cool.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 01:26:38 PM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 03:02:49 PM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
I rate 2.08 patch-1 overall a 7.5 out of 10  -  Before patch-1, I would have given it a 6 out of 10

Waiting for the core duo patch, or whatever fixes the fluff'n feedback issue that maybe defenately exists.

I dont feel like getting used to not having such a simple and common feature thats worked flawlessly for a year.. so I wait.

Once I can game out again, it'll be a 10-10.. as of today its a steaming pile of horsefeces.

Maybe it's my fault for having such an exotic joystick, an ultra rare Saitek rumble force I got at this crazy place called Frys for a kings ransom of $25.00

... which I have no real love for and would replace if HT decides its just too much effort to get what once worked, working again.

Hey HT et al, if its gonna be 2 weeks for the feedback fix, at least say something... I'll go buy a stick that works and stop complaining.

storch

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2006, 03:32:31 PM »
the trees materialize as you approach them, then they reach out and cartoon kill you.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2006, 03:33:21 PM »
LOL hub :aok
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2006, 03:54:39 PM »
x0847Marine: got the force feed back problem fixed today.

HiTech

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2006, 04:01:51 PM »
any fix or driver update for the CV hanger thing? I also was landing on a CV today and it just disapeared. Just guestemated where the deck was and crash landed on it. :lol
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2006, 04:24:08 PM »
Morpheus, try moving the "Object Detail" slider to the left of dead center in the "Graphics Detail" panel.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2006, 04:29:24 PM »
Still seeing good, solid frames

Like the ground effects that were added

Love that my P-38 doesnt have a drag chute anymore

Dislikes:

Having to redo stick like everyone else

Bugs that clearly shouldve been caught before deploying

Hoping for strat fixes in the future.  And smoother upgrades.  Aces high has no shortage of loyal fans, let em beta test so upgrades go better?

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2006, 07:37:25 PM »
I just got the patch working after two tries.

The automatic download went to blue screen twice, then I was able to download the patch manualy.

After the game installed, I tried offline. The game loaded. I then pressed the "webpage help" link and the game and computer locked up.

I rebooted and tried online. The game loaded fine. I tried to "alt tab" out, then got to my desktop with no mouse pointer. I "ctrl-alt-del" to shut AH down, and as soon as the system manager appears, I have a mouse again.

I went back to the game, mouse works fine. Alt tab to desktop, no mouse again until ctrl-alt-del.

So far the new patch seems to not be working so great for me.

I know, I should email or post in support. It's just that I work a lot and have a need for instant feedback :)

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2006, 08:36:16 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
x0847Marine: got the force feed back problem fixed today.

HiTech

See?, I told ya the patch was a 10-10

thanks man!

Offline sniper68

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2006, 08:19:13 AM »
id say 10 if i still didnt have the problem of trying to get my stick back to the way it was