Author Topic: Let Inmates Fight to the Death - Like Gladiators  (Read 745 times)

AG Sachsenberg

Let Inmates Fight to the Death - Like Gladiators
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2001, 10:55:00 AM »

Originally posted by Mr. T:
Understood... but some of them things people get thrown in jail for... gotta question the reasoning behind it. I mean marijuana of all things... really... that's a bit of the extreme doncha think? (done my time)
-SW

Cuz the man wants to control the system.  Mary jane has so many proven points on why it is good it is funny as to why they will not manufacture it.  Remove the THC and it is a normal plant.  To me Pot is less harmful then drinking. Answer this one, how many potheads do you see getting violent in public?  WHo would you be moer scared of someone smokign a joint behind the wheel or someone who has been drinking?

Pot smoker will be driving slower and more careful looking for the man trying to bust him.  I fear a drunk more at a bar then a stoner.  Which one is more likely to outburst into violence?  

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2001, 11:15:00 AM »
The following is my opinion on the three subjects in this post: jails drugs and "games" for convicted criminals.
 Jails, I believe that jails should come in three flavors, minor, major and death row.  Minor jails are for, first time, NON VIOLENT, offenders, maybe tougher than the jails as they exist today, but basically a place to "pay your debt" without becoming a love object, plenty of counseling and all the rest of the rehab deemed necessary by those whom believe that this is necessary.
 Major jails are for repeat offenders and violent offenders, it would be run similar to a military prison but stricter and under military ("your bellybutton belongs to me now, Maggot") NOT civilian rules, each inmates offense and sentence would be displayed above their cell doors for all to see. One hot meal a day, no gyms, no TV, no conjugal visits, no frills whatsoever.  Every effort would be made to make this place a living hell without physical brutality.  The object is that NO one ever wishes to get back in here to be protected from the rigors of everyday life.
 Death row is pretty self explanatory.  
 You may note that there is no facility for lifers (I see no rhyme or reason to keep a Charles Manson around), I am personally torn between "Devils Island" and no sentences over 10 years.  The reason being if someone serves 10 years in a major prison and wishes to commit another crime then they need a level 3 sentence, no repeat major jails inmates.

Drugs: I do not advocate legalizing drugs but I do believe that the problem will become very minor if we take out the profit.  Spend the "war on drugs" money to manufacture them and give them away to those who are addicted.  We should not give them to people who are not users or people who just want to try them this one time, but any addict could run into any local clinic and get a free fix whenever they needed one.  Would this work?  I don't know but it sure would take the profit out of the equation for the current manufactures.  No more profit in getting new users hooked.  I can just see the civil rights people crying about the loss of jobs now

Gladiatorial combat for death row inmates:  Well, I think the pay per view rights would prolly pay for the whole prison system.

All the above is just my opinion, no more or less valid than anyone else's,
I could be wrong, in some cases I hope I am wrong.

------------------
OhNooo
smile awhile
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2001, 11:17:00 AM »
Louisiana has the annual "Prison Rodeo" which in the 60's drew about 500 people, its now selling 10,000 tickets or so a year...very successful for lifetime term inmates.  It gives them something to 'live' for, and from my understanding, is quite successful for all.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2001, 01:39:00 PM »
The Roman Empire was considered to be barbaric in the way it glorified in gladiatorial combat.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2001, 01:42:00 PM »
Three words:

The Longest Yard

------------------
Baron Von Fat
BW3 54th "Hot Wings"

AG Sachsenberg

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2001, 01:46:00 PM »
Sorry but criminals are just that.  They find joy in killing others, well turn the tides on them and see how they like having someone trying to kill them all the time.  I have no pity for these people.  Granted we have a system that is messed up.  I think it would be fitting for the criminals with crimes against humans.  Ie murderers, rapist's, molesters, and such.  

Cheap entertainment and we could thin out these prison systems a little bit.  I would pay to see it.  Hell we love movies like Bloodsport or Gladiator.  Make it real.      

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2001, 06:28:00 PM »
okay to be honest, i didnt read most of the posts above, i already know what they say..

my opinion is that get rid of jails all together..fine i refuse to turn right when driving, but i just dont see jails as usefull establishments...

as far as im concerned jails are crime schools and only promote violence and deviant behavior...of course renforced by our 'lex talionis' society.. fediddle no one is listening and y'all will call me a left wing chithead...no use typing anymore

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2001, 06:35:00 PM »

Originally posted by loser:
...and y'all will call me a left wing chithead...no use typing anymore

you are right