Author Topic: Porking Rook Bases  (Read 466 times)

Offline Kongkyuk

• Copper Member
Porking Rook Bases
« on: July 07, 2006, 07:53:50 AM »
I have a suggestion/idea to stop the porking of the rook (or not used bases). Why not have a three front war?

Bish: American and British planes.
Knights: German or Japanese (which ever setup is running)
Rook: Russian planes.

Except for early war BOB, Russia was involved on both fronts so why not have Russian planes available?

I'm not a CM, but if you can't totally disable the odd bases why not use them and stop the map porking?

Just an Idea, but it may also bring more targets into the arena:t

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Porking Rook Bases
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 08:08:28 AM »
Originally posted by Kongkyuk
Except for early war BOB, Russia was involved on both fronts so why not have Russian planes available?

Russia involved on both fronts??? What fronts? Soviet Union was always fighting only at one front in WWII
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
Porking Rook Bases
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 08:17:40 AM »
They declared war on Japan after Germany had been defeated.  But im not 100% sure any rounds were fired between Russia and Japan.  But i could be wrong.  I know for a fact they did declare war on Japan as a "payback" to the US for helping defeat Germany.
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline Kongkyuk

• Copper Member
Porking Rook Bases
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 08:20:52 AM »
Russia did declare war on Japan.
Most of the setups in the AvA are against the german and Italians. It would be nice to see Yaks and La's on one front as another option to the spit and hurri.

Thanks for the replies:D

storch

Porking Rook Bases
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 08:42:31 AM »
in keeping with russian tradition they declared war on japan after japan was defeated.  the russians are very poor combatants especially against japan.  the russians have usually only lost wars.  the only ones who have lost more wars are the french and then not by much.  why do you think uncle joe had all of his collaborators in the roosevelt administration pushing for the normandy invasion?  the russians could barely deal with the germans even though the germans were hamstrung.  ok political commentary aside, I agree with opening up the third country they could be russian some times finns others and yet again italians.  great idea KY!

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Porking Rook Bases
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 09:06:20 AM »
Hmm...is someone suggesting that 3 sides, instead of 2, would lead to more balanced game play???
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

storch

Porking Rook Bases
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 09:09:31 AM »
the arena is generally balanced as players will switch to balance.  the only exception I've seen is when a guy logged on the other day and pist everyone off.  in a second people spontaneously switched and ganged him until he left.

Offline Kongkyuk

• Copper Member
Porking Rook Bases
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 09:23:30 AM »
in keeping with russian tradition they declared war on japan after japan was defeated. the russians are very poor combatants especially against japan. the russians have usually only lost wars. the only ones who have lost more wars are the french and then not by much. why do you think uncle joe had all of his collaborators in the roosevelt administration pushing for the normandy invasion? the russians could barely deal with the germans even though the germans were hamstrung. ok political commentary aside, I agree with opening up the third country they could be russian some times finns others and yet again italians. great idea KY!

:rofl  Good one :aok

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Porking Rook Bases
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 11:18:11 AM »
Originally posted by EagleEyes
They declared war on Japan after Germany had been defeated.  But im not 100% sure any rounds were fired between Russia and Japan.  But i could be wrong.  I know for a fact they did declare war on Japan as a "payback" to the US for helping defeat Germany.

Japan and the Soviet Union had a real big border clash in 1938/1939, during which the Japanese Army came to the conclusion not to mess with russian troops again. Both sides signed a neutrality pact in April 1941. Both sides held to this pact, as neither the Soviet Union nor the Japanese Empire had any interest in fighting on an additional front. For example Siberian troops played an important role in the defence of Moscow in 1941. At Yalta, Stalin agreed to declare war on Japan 90 days after Germanys defeat. Therefore  Russia finally declared war on August 8th 1945.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
Porking Rook Bases
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 12:38:15 PM »
is it possible to have the 3 countries enabled and at the same time have only one enemy??

I know im not good at explaining things but for example we currently have the tunisia setup where we have italians and germans vs the british.. Is it posible for the italians to be rooks and the germans knights and yet when both in flight they see each other as a "Green Friendly"?

In other words can a rook and a knight both be on the same side??
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Porking Rook Bases
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 04:47:05 PM »
Originally posted by Platano
is it possible to have the 3 countries enabled and at the same time have only one enemy??

I know im not good at explaining things but for example we currently have the tunisia setup where we have italians and germans vs the british.. Is it posible for the italians to be rooks and the germans knights and yet when both in flight they see each other as a "Green Friendly"?

In other words can a rook and a knight both be on the same side??

As long as they don't shoot each other. Plus on your clipboard if you go to options an GUI you can make any enemy , friendly or squadmate any color you wish. For example I have the bishops as red, and the knights as purple in the MA.
Still if you make the AVA three countries , sooner or later the western allies and the russians ,will probably start shooting at each other. Which may not be a bad  idea.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV