Author Topic: thank you for the new version  (Read 432 times)

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
thank you for the new version
« on: June 06, 2006, 05:18:18 PM »
and thank you for messing up my stick setting and making it a pain to reset them all, i play the game to play, not to have to re tweak everything evrytime a new version comes out ,honestly i dont have time to play , let alone when yall mess with stick settings ,and when i do play i want to enjoy myself and not have to work to figure it all out again

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 06:57:49 PM »
You're welcome.  :)

Offline Mulligan

• Copper Member
Time Marches On
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 04:10:49 AM »
Life is about changes,,,,not all we like,,,,the game is evolving just as it has from when it first appeared.  If it had never changed,  no one would be playing this game if it had not grown.  Hitech is a small company with excellant personel who try very hard to keep improving their product.  A month from now no one will remember the small difficulties adjusting to a slightly changed interface,,,,,,but new members who have less hassel setting up and learning AHII will be incouraged to fly and learn the game . And that benefits us all!

my 2 cents

Mulligan

Offline sniper68

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 08:13:25 AM »
no it doesnt? first off why would you want to change something that allready worked and worked well it made no sense to make those kinda stick setting changes. personaly i liked where my stick settings were and after taking a month or so off i come back and everything is porked and the time i do have to play i wanna spend playing not taking all my tyime just trying to fix my stick to the way it was.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 10:46:57 AM »
Originally posted by sniper68
no it doesnt? first off why would you want to change something that allready worked and worked well it made no sense to make those kinda stick setting changes. personaly i liked where my stick settings were and after taking a month or so off i come back and everything is porked and the time i do have to play i wanna spend playing not taking all my tyime just trying to fix my stick to the way it was.

If you have read these boards in the last few days you would know that Joystick setup was HTC's #1 support call. The new system adds functionality that I myself thought should be added. The ability to have different axis setup per mode(stick set) for one. The jury is still out whether the new setup is any easier to setup than the old one. I for one had no issues with it.

Also, I have seen numerous message in game that read like this. "My B key doesn't drop my bombs!" or "I can't select my bombs or rockets! HELP!"

Well it says right in the MOTD that some of these things will need to be remapped. How many of these people never read this or read it and then forgot it.

I'm not trying to be a smart-arse here but I've been in the Tech business for 20 years and recall numerous incidents of people screaming "It's broken" when in fact it's not broken, it was merely an ID-10-T error.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 12:42:16 PM »
Meh, they're just venting.  If the folks at HTC got worked up everytime somebody spouted off about something like this the MA would be much smaller.

Wait..........

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 05:18:37 PM »
dont get me wrong , just cuz i don't have 4000 post in the bbs ,doesnt mean i dont play the game , yes i take time of now and again but i have been enjoying aces high since 2000 , i just dont have time to fiddle with stuff when i would rather be relaxing

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 06:05:02 PM »
another jstick settings whining thread ?!?!?!?

I'd bet instead of whining, if you'd list your stick setup, someone has already figured out what you cannot and can assist you in your time of mental confusion ..:confused:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 06:35:09 PM »
Eagler, krazyhorse has been mentally confused since before he joined AH, this is just his current whine focus.  :)

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 07:19:34 PM »
no its my joystick WINE , reconfiguring is really messing with my flying and drinking time and i still aint figured it out

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 06:35:17 AM »
Did you happen to check this out?  Hopefully that is helpful.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 06:42:13 AM »
Originally posted by krazyhorse
no its my joystick WINE , reconfiguring is really messing with my flying and drinking time and i still aint figured it out

Lord knows punctuation and grammar isn't an issue either.  Keep drinking though.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 12:21:51 PM »
Tanslation....

Please stagnate the development of AH! We don't want the game to get better!

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 12:39:08 PM »
tank you vary much skuzzy , for the info , and to the rest of ya, hiteck taught me how to tipe and spel