Author Topic: Guns won't stop firing? Possible solution.  (Read 190 times)

Offline Cronus

• Zinc Member
Guns won't stop firing? Possible solution.
« on: June 09, 2006, 06:11:05 PM »
Hey everyone. I played Aces High for a few months now and I look at the forum a lot and read what everyone says, but I never bothered to make an account because I guess I never had anything to say.

Well anyways, I've had this problem with the joystick I use in both patches. The problem was that whenever I pressed the view controls on the stick it would just go any which way no matter however I mapped my controls. Also, when I pressed the trigger key, the gun would not stop firing even if i let go of trigger. I had to either press ESC for the clipboard map or ALT+TAB out of the game and it would quit firing.

I had two joysticks plugged into my computer. The one I used was the LogiTech Extreme 3D Pro, but the other one was a Saitek ST290 Pro. Don't ask me why I had two plugged in, I just got the Saitek for a good deal and decided to buy it and stick it in my PC.

So the way I fixed the bug was that I unplugged my Saitek and exited Aces High. When I restarted Aces High, I had to wait for the video thing to load that loads the first time you install a new version of AH. It didn't load the first time though it loaded after I unplugged the stick. After that I started Offline and tested my stick and it all worked perfectly.

So thats how to fix it, but maybe Aces High could make it so that you can have two sticks plugged into your PC (Even though you don't need it...).