Author Topic: More X45 problems  (Read 285 times)

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
More X45 problems
« on: June 08, 2006, 06:00:24 PM »
Anybody else have this problem:

During the game, the game (controller?) starts reading the different control inputs as those of a different control button?  FOr example, I go into setup to check something, and it reads the "pinkie" switch like it's "Fire Button D", or thinks the "Mousefire" button is "FIre Button C".

WHen it starts doing this, the only solution I've found is to exit the game, re-start, and then everything sems to be ok.

Any ideas on why this happens?

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
More X45 problems
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 07:20:07 PM »
Thats unfortunate but apparently not changeable.

Second hand (from Schutt - we both got a X45) i know that Skuzzy said that DirectX supplies the wrong descriptions for the sticks. Basically, its Saiteks/DX prob, theres nothing HTC can do about it.

But this does in no way affect function or mapability (vocab?) of the stick. Just press the button you want to map when in setup and itll get highlighted.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
More X45 problems
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 07:51:40 PM »
I have an X45 on my desk, at work.  I have not had any problems with it, but then, I have a very simple setup in the mapping.

Could you be more detailed about what you are mapping and to what?  I'll have to check it in the morning, as I do not have a stick at home right now.

Schatzi, it is not a problem in how the stick reports itself.  We just show exactly what the stick gives us.  In the Windows stick panel, MS alters the descriptions.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
More X45 problems
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 03:54:47 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Schatzi, it is not a problem in how the stick reports itself.  We just show exactly what the stick gives us.  In the Windows stick panel, MS alters the descriptions.

Oops, sorry about that :o. As you can tell, im not the computer Geek Schutt is ;).

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
More X45 problems
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 06:59:41 AM »
Skuzzy,

Here is how it shows up on my X45: when I push the button on the left, it shows up in the AH "Map Contoller" area as the one on the right.

Button D = Button C
Mouse Fire = Button D
Button C = Pinkie Switch
Pinkie Switch = Mouse Fire
Button A = Launch
Launch Button (red one) = Button B
Button B = Button A

I did as Schatzi suggested and instead of mapping to the keys as listed, I pushed the key I wanted that particular function to work on, then set it - regardless of what it says.  So, if and when you get the buttons working correctly, I'll (We'll?) have to re-map them again, but it would be worth it to eliminate some confusion to new players trying to map their sticks for the first time.
BTW - does the same thing happen on the X52?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
More X45 problems
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 07:16:04 AM »
Nothing will change as far as button naming goes.  Again, we are only providing what DirectX gives us directly from the stick.  The MS control panels alter the names.  Third party managers such as SST and CH Cotrol Manager may also use different names as the software knows everything about thier own products.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
More X45 problems
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 09:01:05 AM »
have you checked your buttons in the game controller window  in control panel?

mine lineup there as:
Trigger = 1
A = 2
B = 3
Fire = 4
D = 5
Mouse fire = 6
pinkie shift = 7
c = 8

if they are incorrect there, they won't be right in ah
If they match mine, have you tried removing the jsm files in your ah dir and letting the program re-detect your hardware again? I'd rename them to .jsm.old. <- I have not tried that but I know that is where the stick settings are keep - open one up in a text editor to see what's in each.
here's what my x45 jsm looks like:

I use my profile for those buttons so when I click them in the AH controller assign window, they do not correspond to any ah button, they just send the programmed command.
are you using a powered usb hub? I have to in order to keep mine stable.
gl
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 09:08:11 AM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
More X45 problems
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 09:17:01 AM »
Originally posted by SKJohn
Skuzzy,

Here is how it shows up on my X45: when I push the button on the left, it shows up in the AH "Map Contoller" area as the one on the right.

Button D = Button C
Mouse Fire = Button D
Button C = Pinkie Switch
Pinkie Switch = Mouse Fire
Button A = Launch
Launch Button (red one) = Button B
Button B = Button A

I did as Schatzi suggested and instead of mapping to the keys as listed, I pushed the key I wanted that particular function to work on, then set it - regardless of what it says.  So, if and when you get the buttons working correctly, I'll (We'll?) have to re-map them again, but it would be worth it to eliminate some confusion to new players trying to map their sticks for the first time.
BTW - does the same thing happen on the X52?

I just tried it again without my saitek profile activated and I see what you mean now.
Skuzzy
I get the same thing. Seems the buttons don't match up by default. It does not bother me as I use the profile for them but I can see it being a pain if you do not.
SKJohn
feel free to use the ah profile in my sig
gl

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
More X45 problems
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 09:21:10 AM »
I have an X45 stick, but I do not use any Saiteck software, so I have never seen this.  For AH, if you are confused, just press the button and it will show which button you pressed.  Use it and not some idea of what you think they are.
Like I said, we only present exactly what the stick gives us in the "Controllers Input" list.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
More X45 problems
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 09:34:08 AM »
skuzzy
say when you press the D button on the throttle what button does it highlight in AH?
Mine & Sk's highlight the C button, not the D button..
that is what he is talking about, it only happens if you are NOT using a profile which has those buttons programmed for text commands as I do ..

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
More X45 problems
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 10:32:30 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
skuzzy
say when you press the D button on the throttle what button does it highlight in AH?
Mine & Sk's highlight the C button, not the D button..
that is what he is talking about, it only happens if you are NOT using a profile which has those buttons programmed for text commands as I do ..

Yes. Thats exactly whats happening.

Hes telling you to ignore the names the buttons have and just, instead of mapping your function to the button listed as "Fire D" just press "Fire D" on your stick and map it to the button that AH is highlighting in the setup.

If you need to know which button is named what for using the programming software, get a pen and paper and write them down.

If theres any interest, ill put my ctrl.cfg for download to all X45 users interested.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
More X45 problems
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 10:39:53 AM »
yes understood but I'd think when you pressed D on your stick, it should go to D in AH, not C and you have to remeber that c is really d .. it looks like it is just a little jumbled up on the text labels in the AH app to me as they function correctly, they are just mis-labeled

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
More X45 problems
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 11:09:08 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
... we are only providing what DirectX gives us directly from the stick.  The MS control panels alter the names.  .....

Yes, it SHOULD go to button D. But Skuzzy/HTC cant change it.