Author Topic: Microsoft Force Feedback users, READ THIS  (Read 1922 times)

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Microsoft Force Feedback users, Disregard This Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 06:58:33 PM »
Originally posted by FTFLY
Hi all.

I tried this patch but I have AH on a harddrive all by it self (D:) and the patch is set to work on default C: only and will not work.  

Can you help?

FTFLY

Make sure you extract the .exe file into the "Folder" in the "HTC Folder" called "Aces High II" .  There should be several of the red Aces high executables called aceshigh.exe and AH2008T20010.EXE to list a couple.  If you have to, copy it (htsim8r.exe) from C: and drop it into the D: drive, inside the HTC folder and inside the Aces High II folder. Then the path should be like this for you:
"D:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\htsim8r.exe" or "D:\HTC\Aces High II\htsim8r.exe" if you don't have it in the "Program Files" folder.

and then inside here!

Hope that helps.

K-KEN  

http://www.cutthroats.com/

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 11:52:21 PM »
Originally posted by FTFLY
Hi all.

I tried this patch but I have AH on a harddrive all by it self (D:) and the patch is set to work on default C: only and will not work.  

Can you help?

FTFLY

When you open the ZIP file extract it to the HTC folder, them make a shortcut on the destop ans start the game from that shortcut

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2006, 12:40:52 AM »
Older Force Feedback with green status light and gameport plug. Does not work with USB adapter.

Afer adding the htsim8r.exe I do have force feedbackalthough it is rather light even at 100% when compared to 100% in the Beta 2.07patch 5 version.

I can live with how my stick is acting though.

Thanks for the Fix Skuzzy.

Offline reeb

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2006, 01:02:08 PM »
My SWFF2 green light works with patch but when i shoot at ground targets my rds seem to go threw the ground.
Dont have the MS software installed

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2006, 11:55:33 PM »
BZ Skuzzmeister...
Works like a charm...

There is however a sequence to get it working properly...
My schtick is a MS FF PPr02 with the RED light and USB, on WinXP Pro SP2.

Here's what I did:
  • Make sure you have the proper DirectX version.
  • Make sure Windows XP is 100% up-to-date.
  • Download & Install the MS FF Drivers pack mentioned above. {WInXP default drivers will NOT work properly on my system}
  • Load Skuzz's Patch
  • Once in game, ALT TAB out and bring up your Controllers menu & change any setting on your JStick setup and apply changes.  {this was what got mine working - I only had center until I did this [& you can change the setting right back and apply it again to maintain your force settings]}
  • Go Fly
Thanks Skuzz! :aok

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2006, 09:56:20 AM »
In order to attempt to reach some level of consistency with these sticks, I think I need to explain some things.

1)  The stick should go limp at all times, unless you are in a cockpit.
2)  Make sure you have trim, stall buffet, and gun shake forces enabled in the games force feedback panel.
3)  Please do not attempt to find a work-around while testing.  It muddles the results.  BigMax, your work-around may not do what you think and we need to know this.

Here is something to try in order to find out what is happening.

1)  Pick a plane from the hangar.
2)  Spawn on the runway.
2a)  Does the stick center when you are on the runway?
3)  Make sure you have trim, stall buffet, and gun shake forces enabled in the games force feedback panel.
4)  Take-off
5)  Attempt a stall and see if you get stall buffet shakes.
6)  Level the plane in controlled flight.  
7)  Pull the trigger and fire the guns.  Do you have gun shake?
8)  Put the plane in a 1G dive from high altitude.
9)  At high speed, pull out of the dive.  Do the forces feel increased on the stick?
10)  Level out and slow down.  Roll a bit from left to right.  Do the stick forces feel reduced as compared to the high speed dive pull-out?

What we want to be sure of is the forces are actually being applied.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2006, 10:02:54 AM »
1 Thing to remember skuzzy about these joysticks.  There is a sensor that detects your hand on the joystick (1 located under the trigger were u rap your hands around otherdown by your pinky finger).  If your hand is not near these sensors, the stick will do nothing.  This is to prevent the stick going wild and breaking itself with no resistance on it (your hand).  If these sensors are bad your joystick will NOT work!
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline mosca-g

• Zinc Member
Test result
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2006, 01:50:04 PM »
I made these tests and here are my results.
All FF forces had been set in the beginning to 50%. During flight I increased them to 80% to increase the forces. This was done only to 80% because the trim set made the stick very stiff durin flight. But now step by step.

1) Pick a plane from the hangar.
2) Spawn on the runway.
2a) Does the stick center when you are on the runway?
The stick centered even with 100% trim very, very soft. Nearly no FF sensable. Stick can be put very easily out of center.

3) Make sure you have trim, stall buffet, and gun shake forces enabled in the games force feedback panel.
4) Take-off
5) Attempt a stall and see if you get stall buffet shakes.
Very very slightly
6) Level the plane in controlled flight.
7) Pull the trigger and fire the guns. Do you have gun shake?
Very very slightly
8) Put the plane in a 1G dive from high altitude.
9) At high speed, pull out of the dive. Do the forces feel increased on the stick?
They increased a lot.
10) Level out and slow down. Roll a bit from left to right. Do the stick forces feel reduced as compared to the high speed dive pull-out?
They feel very reduced.

In the beginning I thought there would be no FF at all, but when I started the plane the FF increased a lot and also the stick stayed centered.

FF seems to work, but there is some lack in center force if your speed is low. Also the stall  and weapon FF is weak.

Hope this helps.
:D

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »
Big help mosca.  We appreciate it.

And by the way.  The description of how it worked for you is exactly how it is supposed to work.  There should be virtually no force when you first get into the cockpit and it should increase as speed picks up.  That is the way a stick in a plane works.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 02:10:57 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline buzkill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2006, 03:28:07 PM »
wish i had enough cpu to handle the ffb feature...it kills my performance....unless it's just the stick being modified to work with xp (had to solder a power supply into it to make it work)

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2006, 04:18:24 PM »
1) The stick should go limp at all times, unless you are in a cockpit.
This happens

2) Make sure you have trim, stall buffet, and gun shake forces enabled in the games force feedback panel.
All forces set to 50%

1) Pick a plane from the hangar.
P-51B, Typhoon, and ME-163

2) Spawn on the runway.
2a) Does the stick center when you are on the runway?
Yes

3) Make sure you have trim, stall buffet, and gun shake forces enabled in the games force feedback panel.
All forces enabled

4) Take-off
5) Attempt a stall and see if you get stall buffet shakes.
Joystick does emulate buffet/ stall shakes

6) Level the plane in controlled flight.
7) Pull the trigger and fire the guns. Do you have gun shake?
Yes

8) Put the plane in a 1G dive from high altitude.
9) At high speed, pull out of the dive. Do the forces feel increased on the stick?
10) Level out and slow down. Roll a bit from left to right. Do the stick forces feel reduced as compared to the high speed dive pull-out?
There is no variance in forces. Stick feels same as it does on ground not moving. I also believe at the top of a loop as plane is about to stall there should also be a lightened feedback and this does not occur.

Also Skuzzy as a side note I got a newer version of FF2 to test with that is straight USB only but it still has green status light. I also tried test on my Gameport feedback stick and it acted same.

Offline mosca-g

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2006, 12:32:33 PM »
Hi Skuzzy,

I agree. But for me it would be good to increase the "center force" of the stick, because this is very weak at low speed and makes it difficult to use the auto pilot functions. Is that possible?

:D

Offline Lucchini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2006, 02:38:21 AM »
FF2 RED LIGTH
XO PRO SP2 DRIVERS - NO MS SOFTWARE

The forces are all OK. The only problems are trim effects - centering force that seems to be always the same, on the runway or in a 450 mph dive.
As you told, Skuzzy, I'd have no centering on the runway or at stall speed, but this not happens. Besides if I set trim effects more than 15% the stick is really hard to use: centering force works like you are always at top speed.
It is not a problem of this patch but has always been so since I changed my FF1 with this FF2.
FF1 was OK.

Bye
Lucchini

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2006, 11:45:35 AM »
Skuzzy

dont know if this is related but my thrustmaster ffb has all kindsa problems now that the new patch has been released, in particulair, spikeing, and my forcefeed back is considerably losser (if that makes any sence) than it was prior to the new patch.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2006, 01:35:30 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Big help mosca.  We appreciate it.

And by the way.  The description of how it worked for you is exactly how it is supposed to work.  There should be virtually no force when you first get into the cockpit and it should increase as speed picks up.  That is the way a stick in a plane works.

Skuzzy... the MS FF2 stick needs a strong return to center.  The "force" is what keeps it centered at all.  Without FF working, it's "too" limp... likely because it's so big in comparison.  (best non-force stick I ever had was a Gravis Firebird... tiny thing).

What mosca described happens occasionally on home-made MSFS planes when the designer hasn't done a good job.

Tumor
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann