Author Topic: Offline Training  (Read 352 times)

Offline trianglemoon

• Zinc Member
Offline Training
« on: June 12, 2006, 10:05:42 AM »
Hello!

Thanks to all for the help on my earlier post.  I have the throttle issues worked out (they were largely due to my over expectation of WWII power plants).  Moving along nicely now.

I have a question on Offline mode.  I took a bomber out, and leveled a few buildings at an enemy base.  When I look at the war report for that base, there didn't appear to be an indication of damage.  So, I went up a second time, and hit some more buildings at the same base.

Then I changed teams, and spawned in at that base.  I saw buildings hit and burned out, but all the "metrics" on the report were "100%" and "enabled," respectively.

So, my question is, on Offline mode, will I be able to see some indication that my little raid was a success?  

Also, any way to tell what type of facility a particular base is?  (for instance, A44).  I'm learning about using the maps, etc., but haven't figured out how to tell what I'm looking for yet.

Thanks,

Trianglemoon

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Offline Training
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 10:13:40 AM »
Originally posted by trianglemoon

Also, any way to tell what type of facility a particular base is?  (for instance, A44).  I'm learning about using the maps, etc., but haven't figured out how to tell what I'm looking for yet.

Thanks,

Trianglemoon

Have a peek at http://www.netaces.org  You'll find Arena Maps down in the lower right corner. Print them out. They will identify the various fields, V bases, port, etc. and the configurations of each field.

You can also view maps by right-clicking anywhere on the clipboard and opening Clipboard Maps.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Offline Training
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 10:28:20 AM »

i have a question on Offline mode.  I took a bomber out, and leveled a few buildings at an enemy base.  When I look at the war report for that base, there didn't appear to be an indication of damage.  

Thatīs right, if you destroy structures at enemy bases in offline mode, it wonīt show in "War Status". For example if you it radar, the radar circle will show "radar down" correctly, but not War Status. I am not sure if this is a plain bug or one hast to change an Arena Setting for that

Trianglemoon

V=Vehicle Fields, A= Airfields, P=Ports. Apart from that, check out the resorces at netaces as suggested by Max.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Re: Re: Offline Training
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 12:47:34 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Thatīs right, if you destroy structures at enemy bases in offline mode, it wonīt show in "War Status". For example if you it radar, the radar circle will show "radar down" correctly, but not War Status. I am not sure if this is a plain bug or one hast to change an Arena Setting for that

Im not 100% sure of this, but i think strat is disabled by default in OfFLINE mode. I would have to start up game and dig around a bit in Arena settings if you want me to find out.

You can also try the Free Multiplayer Forum.... maybe someone of the H2H regular hosts knows how to enable strat.

Edit: I checked offline...... The Arena Settings say that strat disabling is off, meaning to me that the strat resupply system (ie supplies showed as ressources in War Status) is enabled. Neither setting, disabled or enable make any difference, so i guess that strat is just not supposed to work offline - same as the word filter BTW.

As for the who's who on the clipboard map.... Netaces a great tip - not only for that. You can also right click the clipboard map and select options such as a legend for example. And you can get field names, radar circles, wind (scenarios!), spawns etc etc... . Also on the menu are the "Clipboard maps" - detailed layout of each facility (From large Airfield down to City, Factories and HQ).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 01:03:02 PM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.