Author Topic: Response to Al "Chicken Little" Gore  (Read 4062 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Response to Al "Chicken Little" Gore
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2006, 12:34:33 AM »
Originally posted by weaselsan
Appearing before the Commons Committee on Environment and Sustainable Development last year, Carleton University paleoclimatologist Professor Tim Patterson testified, "There is no meaningful correlation between CO2 levels and Earth's temperature over this [geologic] time frame. In fact, when CO2 levels were over ten times higher than they are now, about 450 million years ago, the planet was in the depths of the absolute coldest period in the last half billion years." Patterson asked the committee, "On the basis of this evidence, how could anyone still believe that the recent relatively small increase in CO2 levels would be the major cause of the past century's modest warming?"

Patterson is a shill for Exxon ? Link?

How about.....

Dr. Boris Winterhalter, former marine researcher at the Geological Survey of Finland and professor in marine geology, University of Helsinki, takes apart Gore's dramatic display of Antarctic glaciers collapsing into the sea. "The breaking glacier wall is a normally occurring phenomenon which is due to the normal advance of a glacier," says Winterhalter. "In Antarctica the temperature is low enough to prohibit melting of the ice front, so if the ice is grounded, it has to break off in beautiful ice cascades. If the water is deep enough icebergs will form."

An Exxon shill?

It's Al Gore throwing a tantrum....If I can't be President, your all gonna die!!!
That says nothing about ozone levels along with an abundance of scientific evidence that global warming is a reality. I don't give 2 cents for Al Gore, but I have to bet the farm on my grandchildren.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2006, 12:41:15 AM »
You're overcomplicating things nash.

The democrats (in office) are hell bent on showing everyone they are needed. They are needed to protect the people from big buisness. They are needed to protect the people from religious zealots. They are needed to protect people from themselves.

That's the "big government" aspect of things. You need the government to protect people from things they don't really need protection from.

And... nobody said unchecked on big buisness. I don't even believe the republicans are saying that. I do believe that it is cool to use "cripple big buisness" as a campaign sloagan right now... nevermind if there's any logic behind it other than convincing the voters you're protecting them by doing it. The voters love to hate the wealthy.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2006, 01:04:08 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D
You're overcomplicating things nash.

That's what I do. It's all I know. :D

Anyways, too bad... I guess I was expecting more, but instead, more gibberish:

"Democrats....are hell bent on showing everyone they are needed. They are needed to protect the people from big buisness. They are needed to protect the people from religious zealots. They are needed to protect people from themselves."

It would sooooooo help me out if I understood WTF guys like you were talking about half the time. Instead, you expect me to take everything on faith.

"Democrats are for big government because.... Democrats are for big government."

Trust me.

"Democrats....are hell bent on showing everyone they are needed."

Just, ah..... trust me.

"They are needed to protect the people from big buisness."

Trust me on this.

"They are needed to protect the people from religious zealots."

Come on.... you even have to ask? Trust me.

"They are needed to protect people from themselves."

Like, duh.... trust me.

Christ..... give me one.... ONE reason to trust you.

Not gonna happen. You wanna paint Democrats into a corner? Fine, but lets use real world examples. I'm so over the dogma. That ****'s tired.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2006, 01:53:46 AM »
has anyone actually seen the gore movie?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2006, 03:15:48 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
global warming is good , i don't like being cold.

The warming puts more fresh water in the ocean, slowing its natural flow, which will eventually cause massive cooling.

On Discovery science the ice drilling results indicate the weather the entire human existence has enjoyed on this planet is an anomaly that will end.. perhaps sooner than later. Earth has always recycled itself, we are after-all little more than parasites to nature.

Its been discovered that the ice caps have several times in the past been covered in a layer of Volcano ash; the ash being dark not reflecting sunlight like snow and while in the upper atmosphere volcanic dust crystallizes and reflects sunlight back in to space like millions of little mirrors... this is believed to have wiped out the so called mega-mammals.

I found that very interesting, yet I don't care since it won't alter the fact life's a ***** & then you die.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2006, 05:34:29 AM »
Actually the religious zealots believe the earh is only six thousand years old, not six million.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2006, 06:01:57 AM »
According to Hindu Zealots, the four yugas are said to be respectively 4800, 3600, 2400, and 1200 god-years long. A god-year, in turn, lasts 360 human years.

Of course that maybe just the ascent of gods and man.

Aussie Aboriginal dreamtime is at least 65,000 years ago, but the dreamtime stories are more of what happened and not when.

Now Christianity, Islam, and Judaism share the same creation story.

So maybe it makes a difference what kind of religious zealot you are.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2006, 07:40:44 AM »

I think someone owes chicken little an apology
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2006, 07:44:59 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
That's what I do. It would sooooooo help me out if I understood WTF guys like you were talking about half the time. Instead, you expect me to take everything on faith.

"Democrats are for big government because.... Democrats are for big government."

Trust me.
Not "trust me"... open your eyes. What are the fundamental platforms of the democratic party right now?
"Democrats....are hell bent on showing everyone they are needed."

Just, ah..... trust me.
Not "trust me"... open your eyes. I'd have let a "the republicans do it to!" go because it's true. This is why they are so opposing on everything. Do you think the Democrats would survive if their campaign were "you don't really need us"?
"They are needed to protect the people from big buisness."

Trust me on this.
Not "trust me"... open your eyes. Big buisness will kill the earth. Big buisness will force you into slave labor. Big buisness will gladly embezzle all of your retirement money. Big buisness is responsible for every natural dissaster known to man and the Republicans are it's ringleader.

I've not seen this sentiment echoed more than the last 6 years. I'm not exagerating. I'm not making this up.
"They are needed to protect the people from religious zealots."

Come on.... you even have to ask? Trust me.
Not "trust me"... open your eyes. We can debate the need to keep "religious zealots in check" all you want, but you cannot sit there and tell me that this is not the cornerstone of arguments against teaching creationism, abortion, gay marriage or any other "morality" based subject. I'm thinking back to a "THIS IS WHY RELIGION SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN GOVERMENT!" statement by someone earlier.
"They are needed to protect people from themselves."

Like, duh.... trust me.
Not "trust me"... open your eyes. Stances on taxation (protection from the wealthy not considerate enough to give their money away), gun control (protection from the citizens vile enough to own weapons), discrimination (protection from people too insensitive to respect you as an individual) and virtually any other issue known to man. We NEEEEED the democrats to keep these things in check because the republicans seek to destroy all of it.

That's not an oppinion. It's a campaign strategy. It's a sentiment I've seen echoed repeatedly on this board. Regardless of your stance on the issues, you cannot deny the platform. It's obtuse.
Christ..... give me one.... ONE reason to trust you.
Must you be told anything? I'm not asking you to trust me. I'm telling you to pull your head out of your bellybutton and take a good look around at everyone, not just the people you don't like. Learn a little more about motivation, cause and response. Get a fricking clue. The term "idealist" is not a compliment.
Not gonna happen. You wanna paint Democrats into a corner? Fine, but lets use real world examples. I'm so over the dogma. That ****'s tired.
I'm not painting anyone into a corner. You see, it's the party that has done the painting. It's a square room, both parties have brushes and the floor is 99% painted. They're sitting at opposite corners screaming at each other.

Even in this thread, you're ignoring the "save the world from mankind" separation by the democrats and insisting I'm telling you to "trust me" on that. Sheesh.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2006, 08:11:57 AM »
"A day to God is like unto a thousand years."

But enough about that.

I was already in bed when this thread started...so I'm getting a late start.

I must say I am shocked...SHOCKED...that German and Swiss scientists had to be the ones SENSIBLE enough to remember that there was a SUN in the sky...and that it is the source of all heat on the earth.

Why couldn't U.S. scientists have been the first to think of this?  

Why have they conveniently forgotten that there is a massive nuclear candle one million times the size of the earth less than 100 million miles away?

Could it possibly BE because there is no political influence or funding to be had from pursuing a line of research into the SUN'S impact on the global environment?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2006, 09:11:23 AM »
LOL... nash wanted gore..  nash thinks ted kennedy is a great guy...

I do work with the EPA and can tell you that they don't have a clue.   They are liberal wussies that are junk science based.   They have no idea what to do about anything so they do too much... an example would be.... not allowing water with certain levels of salt to be put on land.... Turns out that in some places... the salt in the ground was holding the clay together..  when the non salt water washed out the salt in the clay it began to slide (mudslides).

That sort of thing is what nash is talking about by "good stewardship"  of the democrats....   Someone calls something a pollutant and every democrat jumps on it to make a law and build their empire.

All of you here that are hooked up to city water and sewer will see your bills go to $100- $300 a month for the service before the decade is out... All of this will be based on science that does not exist.

The new EPA will make you yearn for the gentle old IRS

lazs

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2006, 09:19:20 AM »
Don't be too hard on them lazs. Afterall, this is a brand new religion. It'll take 'em some time to get their doctrines, dogma, and sects sorted out. ;)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2006, 12:03:01 PM »
Nash,

You are quite correct in one regard.

Someone didn't read the memo. Please note that no where in my post did I speculate nor comment on any religious belief or religious zealots. Neither did I mention any conflict in how old the earth is. Please read for comprehension. If you have a point to make, do so without trying to put words in my mouth.

'xcuse me Maverick, but y'all need to get on the same page....

On the one hand, Clifra Jones here is saying:

"You must realize that it is waste of time to argue with religious zealots. They will not listen to anything that deviates from their religious dogma or contradicts their High Priests of Environmental Doom."

And on the other....

"There is no meaningful correlation between CO2 levels and Earth's temperature over this [geologic] time frame. In fact, when CO2 levels were over ten times higher than they are now, about 450 million years ago, the planet was in the depths of the absolute coldest period in the last half billion years."

And yet, on the other hand the real "religious zealots" are claiming that the earth was only formed just six million years ago.

So.... that leaves us with the bizarre spectacle of a group of people branding those concerned about the world we inhabit "religious zealots," using supporting data that dates back to hundreds of millions of years ago, while at the same time taking it on faith that the world was created a mere 6 million years ago.

Someone didn't read the memo....
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2006, 12:55:44 PM »

So.... that leaves us with the bizarre spectacle of a group of people branding those concerned about the world we inhabit "religious zealots," using supporting data that dates back to hundreds of millions of years ago, while at the same time taking it on faith that the world was created a mere 6 million years ago.

Someone didn't read the memo....

You can't argue with either one of them nash.

I once explained in stark detail how Carbon-14's decay rate can be measures and used to determine the age of organic matter to a committed born again creationist christian. He absolutely refused to believe anything I said was fact. Claimed it was all propaganda inspired by Satan.

In regards to the religions of God you must understand one fact. "Everything you know about God is told to you by Man."

It is up to you to decide which "man" to believe.

In regards to science. I know the flame is fire because it burns my hand. We  know much regarding climate because it can be measured. What we cannot measure is how much human activity has in fact effected the current climate situation. So, the same saying applies:

Everything you know about climate change is told to you by Man.

It is up to you to decide which "man" to believe.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2006, 01:30:36 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
That says nothing about ozone levels along with an abundance of scientific evidence that global warming is a reality. I don't give 2 cents for Al Gore, but I have to bet the farm on my grandchildren.

I do wish someone would produce the "abundance of scientific evidence" for me. I'm always hearing about it and hearing about these "prominent scientists". Yet I never have yet seen this so called "proof".

I googled your sentence "abundance of scientific evidence that global warming is a reality", now you would thing that the 1st sites on the list would be prominent scientific journals right? Here is what I got.

1. e.wikipedia.org (we will discount this one)

2. Americans-world.org. A site run by World Public Opinion.org. Founded by The Program for International Policy Attitudes. Not positive but this looks like your typical lefty leaning group here.

3. http://www.fromthewilderness.com. Pretty much a left-wing hit piece site.

4. petty-larseny.blogspot.org. Some unknown blogger.

5. http://www.cjr.org. Columbia Journalism Review. This was actually an article chastising the media for falling for the GW hype. Kudos to CJR.

6. dieoff.org. Your basic lefty scare site.

7. http://www.reason.org. Libertarian site. They don't seem to have to much of a cause but a lot of their articles seem to attack the right and give the left a pass.

8. http://www.kabbalahforwomen.com. :huh

9. thinkprogress.org. Yeah, these guys are objective. An attack piece on George Will. Who do they quote? Science magazine, and who does science magazine quote? the World Meteorological Organization of the UN. Getting the picture here?

You see not a single credible scientific journal in the 1st page of a google search. So just where is this overwhelming evidence?