Author Topic: Perks and Missions  (Read 369 times)

Offline trianglemoon

• Zinc Member
Perks and Missions
« on: June 15, 2006, 09:29:42 AM »
Hey all!

Two quick questions--

Is there somewhere I can see my Perk Points?  I know there's another thread on scoring, I'll check that for other questions...

Missions--How do you grab a mission?  I don't seem to see any when I'm on.

Thanks!

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Perks and Missions
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 09:41:33 AM »
From the HELP FILE:

"There are three separate point totals, one for fighters, one for bombers, and one for vehicles.  Flying fighters earns fighter perk points and those points can only be used on perk fighters, not perk bombers or vehicles.  That's true for all 3 categories.  Plane, vehicle and boat multipliers and costs can be viewed in the model selection list on the clipboard in the Hangar.  Along with the fighter, bomber and vehicle perk point totals, the perk points earned on your last sortie are also displayed."

"Available missions may be viewed by clicking Missions->View All Missions from the clipboard menu while online in the Main Arena.  A list of all active missions will display on the clipboard swing out page."

Not sure if its updated but a read thruough of that help file answered 99.99% of my questions.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline trianglemoon

• Zinc Member
Perks and Missions
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 12:48:47 PM »
I'll look at it again, but I only recall seeing "last mission" perk points.

Is it common for there to be no missions available?

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Perks and Missions
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 01:02:20 PM »
To the right of where last mission perks are, are the other three categories as well.

Yes, missions are not that common in the Main Arena. Its hard to find someone that runs missions that are really thought through and effective from a tactical point of view. Also, such missions are much more fun when there are counter missions launched in the opposing country. Even harder is to get enough people to stop doing what they are doing now and wait a few mins in tower to join the mission.

Nevertheless, there are missions, very good ones. Keep a look out and youll find them.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Perks and Missions
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 03:44:34 PM »
Originally posted by trianglemoon
Is it common for there to be no missions available?

yes triangle.  missions are posted by players.  you can post one.  the trick is gettin' folks to join and momentum plays a good part.

hap