Author Topic: Getting started and contributing  (Read 273 times)

Offline smash

• Copper Member
Getting started and contributing
« on: June 14, 2006, 01:50:06 PM »
Hi,

I've been thinking of trying to contribute to AH either through skin or map development.  My daily gig is web applications with some graphics development.  I can do well in Photoshop, though I'm no whiz.  I have never attempted 3D modeling.

I just downloaded and installed the TE and I'll be trying to get familiar with the menus etc.  Are there any tutorials or links that anyone would recommend for additional info?

My thought was to become involved in a project for the MA, probably as a contributor to someone elses project at first.  Do people work as teams on maps?  Do you use some type of SourceSafe or other project control?

I appreciate any help or guidance you might give....
ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
Intel Core i7-6850K Broadwell-E 6-Core 3.6 GHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, 08G-P4-6183-KR, 8GB GDDR5X W/Oculus Rift
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
CPU and Vid are water cooled

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Re: Getting started and contributing
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 02:37:31 PM »
Originally posted by smash

I just downloaded and installed the TE and I'll be trying to get familiar with the menus etc.  Are there any tutorials or links that anyone would recommend for additional info?
----- There are some nice simple explanations of building simple maps for beginners.Do a search for "tutorial".

My thought was to become involved in a project for the MA, probably as a contributor to someone elses project at first.  Do people work as teams on maps?  Do you use some type of SourceSafe or other project control?
---------There is AH CM staff, but they do maps for Scenarios and SEA arena.