Author Topic: Music trivia (4)  (Read 288 times)

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
Music trivia (4)
« on: February 13, 2001, 11:05:00 AM »
Where did the group The Union Gap get there name. No one in my squad can answer.    

Ok this is very obscure. I'll give you a hint. Get out your Washington State map and start looking around the area where I live.

[This message has been edited by Jimdandy (edited 02-13-2001).]

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Music trivia (4)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2001, 11:58:00 AM »
hey jim are you one of those classic rock radio show hosts aor somethin....? hmmmmm....

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Music trivia (4)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2001, 12:06:00 PM »
Who was the opening gig for the Monkeys 1967 tour, who was subsequently boo'd off stage?
See below for answer....
Answer: Jimmy Hendrix

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
Music trivia (4)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »

Originally posted by mrfish:
hey jim are you one of those classic rock radio show hosts aor somethin....? hmmmmm....

LOL No. I just have a bunch of stupid trivial meaning less knowledge floating around in my brain that I might as well have some fun with.

Jay_76

Music trivia (4)
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »
Oh wow I heard this one, seriously, not too long ago...  cuz my stepdad still has UG lp's in his vinyl collection.  Union Gap is the name of a town in Washington State.  I'm forgetting the connection Gary Puckett had to Union Gap... but I seem to think it was some of his band was from there.

Jay.

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
Music trivia (4)
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2001, 01:19:00 PM »
Close enough Jay. Gary was from Yakima, WA and there is a little spot on the map a few miles South of Yakima called Union Gap. It sets right at the opening of this narrow gap in between the hills South of Yakima in the Yakima River Valley. The gap was created by the same floods that shaped the topography of the lower Columbia Basin and created the world famous Columbia River Gorge.   More than you needed to know huh.