Author Topic: How do I play using a mouse in 2.08 patch 2?  (Read 292 times)

Offline Diamax

• Copper Member
How do I play using a mouse in 2.08 patch 2?
« on: June 15, 2006, 11:36:36 PM »
Hello guys!

Can you give me a concret example of setting up the game so I can use my wheel mouse? before I could play just fine without making any special setups, now no matter what, cannot figure how to set the mouse so I can play. I would like to have everything setup the exact same way as it was before.

Thank you!
Diamax

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 05:15:03 AM »
Hi Diablo!

Since patch, ive only tried to get mouse to work once, but maybe that helps you anyway:

OPTIONS > CONTROLS > Map Controllers:

Mouse needs to be selected as controller. (Upper right corner)

click on DEFAULT MAP, then you need to assign Throttle to mouse wheel manually (highlight Lenkrad and MODIFY -> select "Analog input Throttle" and click OK). I also have the third button (=clicking mouse wheel) as WEP.

Most important thing is, youll need to assign the "Global Toggle Mouse Control" as well. Pressing that button will then, in flight, switch your mouse between flight controller and mouse cursor use. The first time i tried, i mapped it to the right mouse button, but theoretically, you should be able to map it to Keyboard as well, freeing the third mouse button for use in flight.

Assign the other mouse buttons as you see fit (I have mine as "Fire both").

When youre done, select Mode 2 and click COPY MODE 1.

To my knowledge it should work then. Dont forget to click your assigned button to toggle to flight control once youve spawned.

If it doesnt, scream bloody murder, curse me and my descendants and come back here to ask for more help :).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Diamax

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 04:16:33 PM »
Hey Schatzi!

Thank you for the explanations. Now I got my mouse sat up the way I wanted, and can play again!
Diamax

Offline JIMI

• Zinc Member
mouse problemz
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 06:45:09 PM »
Hey,
I cannot get my mouse to steer my plane. I have tried to do as you instructed. the mouse bottoms and wheel seem to work but not the x and y axis...
Pls help.

Best,
JIMI

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 07:33:24 PM »
Another thing i found out today.

After setting the mouse up (especially after changing the Analog inputs), you have to exit the Arena and log back in for the mapping to take.

Sounds to me like all you have to do is log back in and try again JIMI. And dont forget to click your "Mouse Control Toggle"-button after spawning to switch mouse to flight control. You can only steer your plane when the mouse cursor doesnt move anymore.

If it still dont work, come back here, tell me whats not working and ill try to think of something else, ok?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 07:36:28 PM by Schatzi »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 07:34:57 PM »
Originally posted by Diablomax
Hey Schatzi!

Thank you for the explanations. Now I got my mouse sat up the way I wanted, and can play again!

Im glad i could help :).

Offline JIMI

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 01:07:42 PM »
Oh,
now it works....
I had to calibrate x axis first! Didnot try that.

Sorry for bothering you and thnx for the help!

JIMI