Author Topic: Kennedys?  (Read 193 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Kennedys?
« on: June 18, 2006, 04:04:34 PM »
Out of curiosity, what are the Kennedy children doing today? (Bob's). I glimpsed at a documentary on the man yesterday, and he was pretty much portrayed as "teh bestest candidate evar" (I paraphrase).

I don't know enough to have an opinion myself, but it looks like an interesting lad... what are your thoughts?
Elderly responsses only please, the 20 year old knowitalls can stay the f out... if that's possible.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Kennedys?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 04:30:45 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_political_family

As for "teh bestest candidate evar", so much of it probably stems from the optimism and youthfulness the prominent family exhibited when alive... the fact that it was so often cut short made it so that political reality never set in.  As a result, we can largely remember them for the idealistic reasons we elected/nominated them, not for what they did (or as with most politicians) failed to do.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Kennedys?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 04:58:29 PM »
yeah, thats one way of looking at it.  Teh Kennedys, teh ones that really mattered, were killed before tehy could fail.  Teh ones taht managed to surpive  ended up sucking per usual political standards.  sad taint it :cry
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Kennedys?
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 06:17:12 PM »
A moment of silence for the Dead Kennedys please.

And let us take solice in that there will allways be a moon over marin.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Kennedys?
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 08:57:53 PM »
My mom took me to see Bobby K. give a speech in San Bernardino in '68. I was dead in front of him about 20 feet from the podium..... holding a McCarthy sign.

And you wonder where I get it from?