Author Topic: 2 vs 2 Tournament  (Read 4013 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
2 vs 2 Tournament
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2006, 12:34:42 PM »
Solas is in Germany so need to take into consideration his timezone. Also I thought we were starting when Pooface returns and finishes the bracket?

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Re: Rules?
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2006, 12:38:59 PM »
1) When will we engage for the fight?
- Teams agree on a time suitable to meet. Make sure to record the event so there are no disputes
2) Altitude of the fights?
- Teams would agree on an altitude and meet co alt.
3) Are we doing the dweeb thing and HO every chance we can?
- No HO on merge, but afterwards their is nothing keeping everyone from taking a Head On shot. What one might call a HO another might call a deflection shot.
4) How many fights will it be, best of 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 99??
- Best of 3

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Rules?
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2006, 02:21:18 PM »
Originally posted by Raptor
1) When will we engage for the fight?
- Teams agree on a time suitable to meet. Make sure to record the event so there are no disputes
2) Altitude of the fights?
- Teams would agree on an altitude and meet co alt.
- No HO on merge, but afterwards their is nothing keeping everyone from taking a Head On shot. What one might call a HO another might call a deflection shot.
4) How many fights will it be, best of 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 99??
- Best of 3

Wouldn't best of 5 be better?   Like in the Flightladder.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
2 vs 2 Tournament
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2006, 04:28:26 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
trying to drum up a partner.
Add me to the list.  
Sounds like fun.

WMScrap
WMLute

Sound good 2 u?  Wrag left my team shortly after inception to run run off w/ a midget drag queen review :confused:

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
2 vs 2 Tournament
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2006, 04:51:15 PM »
Originally posted by Scrap
WMScrap
WMLute

Sound good 2 u?  Wrag left my team shortly after inception to run run off w/ a midget drag queen review :confused:

He lies

Scrap is the drag queen - wrag is just complaining about the lousy connect from his area of the desert, I tell him just cuz the cacti look like antena's doesn't mean he has wireless, he still doesn't belive me...our squad is full of ijots

Its a great squad

:lol

Newbs
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Lord ReDhAwK

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.revivecomputing.com/aggressors
2 vs 2 Tournament
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2006, 05:03:37 PM »
I say leave it at best of 3.  Best of 5 is fine with me but wouldnt that be a little overkill?  Im sure best of 3 is sufficient.  Besides, Hoarach will be doing all the killin on our team anyway.  He may leave me a scrap here or there :aok  

I agree on no HO on merge, but all open after the merge for those high deflection shots :cool:

ReDhAwK
C.O.
The Aggressors

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Rules?
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2006, 06:05:50 PM »
[/B]

OK, I gotta question about this one.  I've never done any formal 2v2 "dueling" so what are the rules on approach/altitude/angle off, to create a proper "dueling merge".   Do you have to approach side by side, same alt as your wingman?  Do you have to merge at the same time and from the same direction?
The reason I ask is that I had originally envisioned this would be a travel to the center area with your wingman any way you want, then engage as the enemy is found.
I don't care which it is, but need to know everyone knows the rules ahead of time.  

Oh, FYI as soon as I find a wingman with a terminal death wish, I'll send in the names.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
2 vs 2 Tournament
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2006, 06:06:47 PM »
lol Hoarach can't hit a broad side of a barn, hehehe.  Easy meat. j/k.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
2 vs 2 Tournament
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2006, 06:08:58 PM »
In a typical duel you would approach co alt nose to nose. 5 would work as well Lute, any more than that might seem a little redundant.

Offline Lord ReDhAwK

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.revivecomputing.com/aggressors
2 vs 2 Tournament
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2006, 06:36:01 PM »
Well Howdy Sloe,

Glad to see ya could make it sir.  Pooh has put out that the participating teams will coordinate through e-mail types of ac and specifics for the duels.  So, you may fight 1 duel in 38's at 10k.  Next duel may be Nikis at 5k.  Unless I have missed Pooh's intent that is.  :noid

You will absolutely love duel tourney's.  These things get way beyond the typical MA rush.  Better breed of pilot IMHO.  After all, there is a Golden Joystick at stake :cool:

ReDhAwK
C.O.
The Aggressors

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
2 vs 2 Tournament
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2006, 10:40:55 PM »
each duel should be films, end preferably have a 5th person viewing from god mode?
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
2 vs 2 Tournament
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2006, 01:47:00 AM »
Originally posted by Scrap
WMScrap
WMLute

I was considering asking Creton to fly and have us represent the CM's in this tourney, but we would obviously win, and that would be unfair to everybody else.  

I GUESS I will handicap myself and fly with Scrap.

(sigh)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
2 vs 2 Tournament
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2006, 01:48:05 AM »
5 would work as well Lute, any more than that might seem a little redundant.

Best of 5 would be 1st team with 3 wins, as opposed to 2 wins.  It's what we use on the dueling ladder, and IMHO works out well.
— George Patton

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
2 vs 2 Tournament
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2006, 02:50:42 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute
I was considering asking Creton to fly and have us represent the CM's in this tourney, but we would obviously win, and that would be unfair to everybody else.  

I GUESS I will handicap myself and fly with Scrap.

(sigh)

Tracer and I already beat you to that.:)  So I guess we will obviously win, Right?

:D
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Aquabat

• Zinc Member
2 vs 2 Tournament
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2006, 06:33:30 AM »
Vudak / All,

This is Oobi, I have changed my ingame name and gotten a new forum ID. I am now Aquabat.