Author Topic: 71 EAGLE Squadron RAF - Looking to form another wing of 32.  (Read 1714 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
After 2 years we have filled out a roster and now are looking to form a whole new wing to recruit and help new people, and also to serve as a 1 month trial squadron for any new members who have already learnt to kill.

the following is an edited version of a post i just made in our squad forum. reading through may help you find out if you are interested.

Thanks for your time Ladies and Gents.

bat.

My solution with expansion to form a recruiting wing. the name would be the same almost exactly:  71 Squadron RAF (R)

this way we could recruit lots more potentials and make them fly a months trial under 'rookie colours'. at the end of which they could be evaluated for gaming style (R u teh fighter?) and social conduct and moved up into the main squadron. any pilots who feel they should train some more before graduating can stay. Therefore i would be looking for 6-10 volunteers to form the new wing with. firstly to help and recruit people, and secondly to free up some space in our existing roster.

These 10 of you would be the core recruiters and trainers. just to help out where you can and fly with newbies. all would have ejection and invite privvies and act as monitors.

A new forum will be requested from skuzzy and all 64 possible members will have acces to the recruiting forum, though recruits will not be permitted into the main forum for the first month.

I will act as records officer and co-ordinator for the 2nd group to lessen the impact on regualr squad activities.

Recruits only become graduates after the veterans have voted in thier favour.  a minimum of 10 overall votes plus the CO's are required for graduation meaning a minimum of 6 veterans must vote possitively with RT giving the final word. Adjutants can stand in for this role but not vote at all otherwise. this gives the decsision to you grimey, hard working NCOs, god forbid....

Any member of the first squadron will be regarded as A Flight, the second as B Flight

the Combat protocol for this wing in the MA will be to support any A Flight sweeps.  the recruits will act as wingmen for the Squad sweeps.

should 8 A FLT and 8 B FLT members be online, each AFLT member would lead a BFLT'er  in a pair.  

during non squad ops the two flights would act as normal when we just fly around.

both flights will use vox171, with the recruits not being able to access Aflt's Squad channel (vox4) if the unlikely need arises.

thats all, thank you gentlemen.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
71 EAGLE Squadron RAF - Looking to form another wing of 32.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 03:46:05 PM »
Great bunch of guys & make some of the best NOE missions around lol

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 12:43:01 PM »
i remember suggesting this idea a while back, and it was scornfully shunned :P

good luck with it bat, if it works it'll be really great:aok

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 03:26:57 AM »
Yea thats a shame pooface ,

sounds like a load of paperwork to me  !

good luck

Bruv
~S~
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline EPER

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 06:20:21 AM »
If I remember correctly it was a failure last time.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 07:17:04 AM »
the Attack wing was the failed component.

71 squadron hardly even felt the impact besides losing our best bait..

Offline paulobrien6969

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/rafspitfires/index.htm
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 07:18:45 AM »
Originally posted by EPER
If I remember correctly it was a failure last time.

it was a little different last time ,the squad was in its infancy
and it wasnt a recruiting wing it was an attack wing which we had last time,
which failed because certain members wanted to do there own thing( as far as i can remember) and it was too fractured.
this time its an organised and thought through process agreed on by all members.

this new wing has been put forward because we have so many requests to join,
not just an expansion of our squad for the sake of it.

and kazaa
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 07:22:31 AM by paulobrien6969 »

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 10:14:53 PM »
Let's clear this up here with a dose of facts.

A guy in the attack group was extremely rude. He was waiting near a town with troops and asked one of the cute and fund, elite and sexy fighter guys to please take down the last building.

He was told by the guy who only flew Spit Vs (and insisted that everyone in the squad should only fly Spit Vs) that it would be impossible. He (and they) didn't shoot buildings - anytime, anywhere.

They would fly around in a vic formation ("formation of idiots") and wait for a non-existent enemy.

Then, the team players of the 71st said that they really didn't want the non-Spit V drivers around any more.

So, we left.

Good luck to any of you guys joining them. They just want you as bait, as their XO just said.

The bad thing about the internet is that anything you type stays around forever. No matter how much you try to twist it.

Offline paulobrien6969

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/rafspitfires/index.htm
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 12:52:03 PM »
i was as respectful as possible in my post
batfink would never have ment that you really where bait as a squad ( what a stupid idea.. and he certainly wouldnt use new players as bait as he spends more time than any of us helping people out)   we flew spit v's not because someone forced us to   but because we wanted to feel historical
at least i did
no one has ever forced me to do anything in game
the attack wing was just an idea that didnt work..
the squad has always been about fun for me
when we get together we all fly spits OR whatever is relivant
sometimes in a '' stupid'' formation
but we fly anything we want rest of the time
we do fighter sweeps..take fields ( yes shooting down buildings...something ive never refused to do)
and generally have a blast...a few of us have met in real life and got on really well
ive never had a problem with you rolex but i find your sarcastic  post childish and pointless and of no help to a squad im proud to be in

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 03:14:45 PM »
:rolleyes: :(

Why not just say good luck? Drama...always drama.

Skuzz just lock this.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 03:34:40 PM by RedTop »
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 07:05:43 PM »
your story is quite true rolex.

except your poetic embelishment, as ever, works in your favour.

to clarify for thos who still strut around their house pronouncing how noble and wonderfull it was to leave a the arrogant elite fighter wing standing at the alter.....

my comments translate as this, we 'felt no impact' because when people throw their toys out of the pram because of the actions of ONE MEMBER, the most of us have a little laugh, miss the friends who have left, and promptly forget you exist untill we encounter each other in the arena.

i can honestly say i felt no hard feelings, and lets be fair, 70% of us wernt even online when this travesty of letting the goon die happened.

you were our best bait, you flew heavy jabo rides into a base and we flicked the flies off your chit.  you were bait because of the roles you played.

A new wing of fighters will not be bait like your buffs or jabos were, sadly, but i will never the less trry my hardest to use any recruits as bait as much as possible. it is a common role in a fighter sweep historicaly and in AH2.

it may interest you to know that the 71 squadron member in question has since burnt out and stopped playing.

Eper's comments were brash and pointless, and simply trying to get a quick dig in to try and remind us of a 'painfull memory'. Just prove how much more of a big thing you guys leaving was for you than for us. if ya feel strongly enough to keep pointing the finger 2 years later it a bit funny in my book.

couple that with what i consider to be a CO with a very well developed mind for social manipulation (possibly a compliment) and you have a lasting grudge that stinks where ever it goes.

you know i feel that way about you, you read it in my own words during that time in the forum. how i was brought up, you gotta either talk straight and be proud of it, or shuffle along never rocking the boat to keep as much open to you as possible and never showing anyone what you are..

I'll finish the topic as far as i care by saying this, you are a decent fellow with alot of class at times, and i have no hard feeling for you nor any other former squadmate.

i hope skuzzy does delete the whole thread, kinda ruins my intentions for helping new comers to the game.

cya up, if you even still fly.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 07:08:28 PM by B@tfinkV »

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 07:30:36 PM »
Hi there, Paul and RedTop.

My post was directed at Batfink. I don't think I've ever been anything but respectful to you, or anyone in the squad or the game.

What grated on me this: Eper made a simple statement about it being tried before, without assigning any blame.

I don't mind letting small slights or issues slide - they have little meaning. For anyone to say they were at fault is simply not true - and not fair.

They were and continue to be team players who are well respected by the squad they are in now, and everyone they come in contact with. They aren't concerned with petty bickering. And I will defend them and not allow the mischaracterization to occur publicly without saying so.

They showed a lot of class by simply moving on without public drama, Red.

Of course I've always wished you good luck. I hope it works out for you.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 08:36:20 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex
Hi there, Paul and RedTop.

My post was directed at Batfink. I don't think I've ever been anything but respectful to you, or anyone in the squad or the game.

What grated on me this: Eper made a simple statement about it being tried before, without assigning any blame.

I don't mind letting small slights or issues slide - they have little meaning. For anyone to say they were at fault is simply not true - and not fair.

They were and continue to be team players who are well respected by the squad they are in now, and everyone they come in contact with. They aren't concerned with petty bickering. And I will defend them and not allow the mischaracterization to occur publicly without saying so.

They showed a lot of class by simply moving on without public drama, Red.

Of course I've always wished you good luck. I hope it works out for you.

Thanks Rolex,Eper,Poof.    Cya Up sometime
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 01:30:34 AM »
All that "crap" predates my involvement with these fine fellows. They're in general a great bunch, and winging with crash is instant good luck!!

They're friendly, open to suggestions (HAH! I actually got them into flying a Fw190 sortie -- we ran into a bomber mission as luck would have it), they try new things (we actually took some bases, which I'm told they don't really do often), and some of them are great sticks with some wisdom to share.

That and they look damn cool filling the skies with spitties during squad missions!!

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 04:20:53 AM »
Yup Krusty. I remember running into a bunch of Mossies at one time... uhhh.... ohhh...... just glad you guys werent in Spits.

>>S<<

PS: If you take this game, The War and yourself very serious, this is NOT your squad. If you fly with a wink and a laugh in the eye and dont take yourself quite so serious, are williing to "fool around" every now and then, this IS your squad.
21 is only half the truth.