Author Topic: My Avatar  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
My Avatar
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2006, 02:20:07 PM »
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
My Avatar
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2006, 02:29:27 PM »
I am very familiar with epilepsy.  My avatar does not flash.  The flicker/frame rate is not associated with triggering epileptic events.  I checked.  Just FYI.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
My Avatar
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2006, 02:30:34 PM »
just to say a few things....

we have been through this before, I'm sure Skuzzy remembers. IIRC there was a point in time that i think we DID have "the board with the most boobies", and it actually did get so out of control I am thoroughly impressed Dale, Roy, and Doug didn't have a brain aneurysm. Heck I was one of the offenders back then... and someone who got funny looks if someone saw it at work. Back then I believe it was just to see how far we could all go, and some crossed the line and were "punished" for it.

Over the 4+ years I have been around this forum alot has changed. I remember the day avatars were enabled, it was totally foreign to me. Anyway in that time the "personality" of the board has changed alot as well. If I were to have to put a finger on it I would say the board has become more like a high school. There are clicks, there are jocks, there are nerds, and every other group you can think of. They all also seem to act like high schoolers (myself included). I don't have a reason why, or an answer to anything, I just wanted to make that observation.

As to the current state of avatar affairs, I agree with what someone said already. I identify some people's posts by their avatars. When I want to see what Hitech said in a 5 page thread I scroll through quite fast just looking for "I Coad". I think they are a useful thing in quickly identifying someone. I hope they stay.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline JB28

• Copper Member
My Avatar
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2006, 03:08:56 PM »
I agree Mustaine.

And Skuzzy, was just kidding.  Trying to inject just a humor, and as you can tell, can't spell at all.

lighten up.  (sound of beer opening)

aaahhhhhhhhhhh.  

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
My Avatar
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2006, 03:17:33 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Having to have someone disable avatars is irrelevant.  If that was the best option around, we would just turn them off for all.  

The dominoe effect had caught on.  Once one did it, then others followed.  Quite frankly, we do not want our board associated with "the board with the most boobies" on it.  If you are a boob, then I guess it could be considered an appropriate avatar.  But then again, if you are a boob, you probably are not going to last long around this crowd anyways.

We are a game company.  We would appreciate our contact with the outside world be a favorable one.  If you want to watch Miami Vice, then go watch it.

Typical responce I figured I would of gotten here. Stating since I like my Avatar and see absolutly nothing wrong with it, I am a boob. Nice!!
I see you didn't read my post fully, I have no problem with your decidsion to change what is or is not allowed. It's the manner which you did it. I have had it for a long long time, be curtious enough to shoot me a quick e-mail or pm and let me know. you have decided to change what is allow now.

Anyway, not going to carry this any further. Your the ruling God in this special little house here. I guess this is the best response I will ever get.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
My Avatar
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2006, 03:18:58 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
If you are not familiar with American slang, 'boob' is another word for numpty.

What's a "numpty"? :huh
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
My Avatar
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2006, 03:21:49 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
I'm a numpty

:lol :p
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline bigsky406

• Zinc Member
My Avatar
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2006, 04:00:17 PM »
:) :) Can we do something abou these smilies.....:) :)  Stop looking at me.......................:) :)  what you smiling at?????????????????????????:rofl

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
My Avatar
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2006, 04:09:11 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
What's a "numpty"? :huh

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=numpty
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
My Avatar
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2006, 04:17:56 PM »
Originally posted by SFCHONDO
Typical responce I figured I would of gotten here. Stating since I like my Avatar and see absolutly nothing wrong with it, I am a boob. Nice!!
I see you didn't read my post fully, I have no problem with your decidsion to change what is or is not allowed. It's the manner which you did it. I have had it for a long long time, be curtious enough to shoot me a quick e-mail or pm and let me know. you have decided to change what is allow now.

Anyway, not going to carry this any further. Your the ruling God in this special little house here. I guess this is the best response I will ever get.
I read your post.  And I see you took my post as a personal answer to your post.  However, it wasn't.  If you wanted a personal response you could have PM'ed me or emailed me.  But instead you took it to the bulletin board.

You ask for what you are not willing to give.  Your choice for your avatar was yours.  Not mine.

HT is the only one who makes the rules.  Just FYI.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
My Avatar
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2006, 04:29:39 PM »
OK, So your post was not in response to mine. That's fine, I thought your first response would be to the original poster. My mistake. as for why I didn't e-mail or PM you was stated in my original post. You could have also e-mail your personal response to my original post too.

Anyway no reason to respond to this. This is just going to get worse the longer we disscuss it. I have put you on the defensive now and things never go good when someone is that state.

Just lock the thread and lets just move on.

No hard feelings here. Just because I have a disagreement with someone doesn't mean I hate them or there product. AH still the best game out here.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
My Avatar
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2006, 04:34:55 PM »
Not being defensive at all.  You seem to think there is some emotion involved in this.  There is none, I can assure you.

It's part of my job and that is all.

Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
My Avatar
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2006, 04:42:12 PM »
Joanie Loves Chachi

<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
My Avatar
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2006, 06:06:21 PM »
I dont really see what the big deal is. I got my avatar yanked, no different than yours. A cartoon chick with bouncing boobs. This was like two years ago. Whats' the big deal? And does it really mean that much to you?

Its their board, so let it be at that. No offence, I just dont see the issue.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
My Avatar
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2006, 06:21:51 PM »
Didn't read my post to good. Issue is not that they changed there mind on what is Now acceptable. I even stated the avatar in itself was not that big a deal if they wanted it removed. Christ, if it's a no boob issue then they should go yank half the nose art in the game. One B-24 comes to mind with the naked chick with the dragon. Bare boobies right there for the whole world to see. if your going to police the BBS for boobs then go police your games nose art.

Now i have no issue with the nose art, and I certianly wouldn't want them to remove them. But anyone can go around and nit pick dam near anything if they want to be a whinnie arse.

Anyway this issue is closed. I didn't get an answer from them on my original question either by PM or here on the boards and I have excepted the fact they won't.

No biggy life goes on.
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH