Author Topic: Salute to the JBs.. and Angry  (Read 195 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Salute to the JBs.. and Angry
« on: July 04, 2006, 01:28:33 AM »
The 80th FS was chasing down a group that was rtb after attacking P15, we were at about 15k. The group went after a Spit and P51 I believe, I kept flying because they had it under control. I came across a low spit and dove on it, it evaded and I burnt my E to fight it. Before I knew it a P51D was shooting at me as well, engaged the two and killed the spit16 first, then went after the P51. The 80th had already flown ahead and were at A7 by now. When I arrived there were no remaining cons to kill, and I still had plenty of fuel and ammo. On 200 Angry warned the P38s at A7 (us) to start climbing. They were all rtb because of damage and ammo, I asked anyone if they were willing to stay and take on the oncoming dar bar, but the best response was "I only have 7 20mm left".

I had fun trying to take on the JBs flight of 152s. Only a few decided to play with me though. Saw the 152s fighting me almost hit the water a few times, was able to get a few pings off. Whenever I did die it looked like another 152 was coming back to help lol.

In true 80th FS style, from Shakespeare's MacBeth
Siward: Had he his hurts before?
Ross: Ay, on the front.
Siward: Why then, God's soldier be he!
  Had I as many sons as I have hairs,
  I would not wish them to a fairer death.
50 And so, his knell is knolled.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Salute to the JBs.. and Angry
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 02:45:17 AM »
Good to know there are folks having fun and not taking it too seriously.  I was in typical fashion, a smoking wreck again with a dead left engine and smoke trailing as I headed away from 7.  Angry called us out and we told em they'd have to come down as we were'nt coming up.

Sorry I missed the fight.  Good fun had by all I think.  And since we've established that planes are free and no one's dying, we'll be more then glad to provide the P38 parts :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters