Author Topic: Idea discussed at the con.  (Read 9904 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Idea discussed at the con.
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006, 11:53:46 AM »
Hitech...I REALLY like that you are letting the community have their say on this topic!  I'm impressed, and I hope our opinions/advice will also be used with future ideas...That said, I dont think I like this idea...I think its a major change of gameplay for an issue that really isnt that big of a deal...Yea the porking and dive bombing buffs are a pain in the arse, but right now with everything going on in the game, is it necessary to spend the man hours on a less than perfect solution?  The only thing I think I could support would be using this concept strictly for ammo/troop/fuel bunkers ect...Otherwise I really dont think i'd be into it....

Furthermore, I commented about is it really worth it to spend the time on this?  To be honest with you, CT is already late...I think adding this feature would do nothing but push CT or more important developements/updates back even further....To be honest i'd like to see your crew working souly on CT until the release, and then afterwards focusing on new aircraft, and even more important....new maps!  =)

Like I said, im very impressed you have come to the community with this proposal, and I hope to see this again in the future

cav

ps-  Shouldnt this thread have been put in the Wishlist??? =)
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Re: Idea discussed at the con.
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2006, 11:54:51 AM »
Originally posted by hitech

The 2nd player dies after 1 min. The system would remove 1min/2min i.e. 50% of the damgage aplied to the hangar. The hangar would then reserect with 2.5k damage left on it.
Thoughts?
HiTech

1 Min seems a bit long, maybe 15 seconds..

or have this a variable that can be changed for the map

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2006, 11:55:36 AM »
So how bout this scenario....

If your in a tiger and here comes "that guy" rolling over the hill, 100 feet off the ground in lancs. You start dogfighting with the lancs in your tiger, juke left / right..but he get his bombs off...boom - you die, back in tower... he augers in to the trees.

Do you get sucked back into your tiger from the tower? :)

Offline Birddogg

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2006, 11:56:28 AM »
How about making bomber formation very spread out (maybe 1K), until 5K-10K alt or so, then AI bombers would tighten the formation like it is now. This could reduce the effect of those that use level bombers to make low level bombin runs.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 11:59:04 AM by Birddogg »

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2006, 11:57:38 AM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
So how bout this scenario....

If your in a tiger and here comes "that guy" rolling over the hill, 100 feet off the ground in lancs. You start dogfighting with the lancs in your tiger, juke left / right..but he get his bombs off...boom - you die, back in tower... he augers in to the trees.

Do you get sucked back into your tiger from the tower? :)

probably be easier to give the perk points back, in that situation

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2006, 11:58:42 AM »
Originally posted by Furball
There is one problem with this - the landgrabbers that like to take bases.

If there is a cap, goon comes in, VH pops up, planes take it down... GV's will be able to up and break the cap in those 2 mins, causing mass high pitched whining and sending the worlds dog population into pandemonium.

True to a point but as a sometimes "landgrabber" myself, I think in some respects it is too easy to shut down a fields defenses as the game stands right now. Taking a field should require teamwork and a little planning and coordination. In that vein I'd like to see field AAA upped in effectiveness too.

asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2006, 12:01:46 PM »
I'm for it. To clarify:

It applies to Hangars, Ammo, Troops, Fuel, Radar.

It does not apply to base ack.

On the smoke idea:

Having a hangar pop up at a capped field but giving it two minutes of smoke time to launch planes/GVs would be a problem.

However I DO like the idea of smoking hangars to indicate damage. Much like a smoking CV let's you know it's taken hits.

Maybe once a hangar is at 50% damage it starts to smoke, at 100% it blows up? This would be a good visual indicator to both the Defenders and Attackers of how badly the base is damaged.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2006, 12:05:30 PM »
to stop the legit guy from being robbed from his bomb run. how about
if u die fromt enemy fire(actually being shot when u die, not 1 ping 20 mins ago) then you damage is still applied normal. but if u drop and auger/bail
without being currently shot the damage is taken off.

or
if you die before the 2 min period,  half you damage is applied.
you still do damage but only half  if u dont make it out.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2006, 12:08:15 PM »
we really do need more ack or leath/accuracy turned up. as it is right now,field AA is nothing to fear..  but is should be.

routinely see single planes deack an entire field just to setup a vulch.
a sinlge fighter should not be able to deack a field period.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2006, 12:22:16 PM »
Originally posted by detch01
HT I think it would be a source of endless whining, although the idea has merit. How about a slight alteration to it? Have the hangar generate smoke for the two minutes and if the attackers (in your scenario) survive have the hangar explode and be destroyed? Kinda simulate a fire with the smoke, etc.

Cheers,
asw

This I like with my own added twist.
1) Player A drops 2k of bombs on a FH and lives for the next 5+ minutes.
2) Player B drops 1k of bombs on same FH, enough to destroy it with the present settings.
2A)Change this to the first step of the FH's destruction. Have small initial explosions and start a 'detonate clock'.
3A) If Player B dies in the alloted time the 'detonate clock' is reset and the FH only has 2K of damage from Player A. Think of it as damage control putting out the fires and containing any damage.
3B) If Player B lives for the alloted time, the 'detonate clock' gets to 0 and the FH actually blows up. You have a secondary explosion and KaBOOM, no more hanger. I just realized the 'alloted time' and the 'detonate clock' are in fact the same time :)
3C) Player C comes along sees the initial explosions of the FH and puts his 1K of bombs on the same FH. The 'detonate clock' goes to 0 and you get the secondary explosion that destroys the FH.
3D) An alternative would  be have a 'secondary 'detonate clock' or make it so both Player B and Cs 'alloted time' now control the 'detonate clock.'

Clear as mud right?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2006, 12:23:43 PM »
Originally posted by whels
to stop the legit guy from being robbed from his bomb run. how about
if u die fromt enemy fire(actually being shot when u die, not 1 ping 20 mins ago) then you damage is still applied normal. but if u drop and auger/bail
without being currently shot the damage is taken off.

Agreed -

If you take hits from either the base ack, GV's, or aircraft the 2 min time limit should not apply.
Don't think it worth calculating if the hit was catastrophic or not.

The 2 min time limit should only apply to the dive in, drop eggs, and auger guys.

Difficult though, can forsee the pork/auger guy maybe taking a few hits if base ack is up.

Don't think there is a proper solution without making things arcadish.

Fuzeman - One flaw:
If I fly in with Lancs at 20k and salvo 2 a FH (6k of eggs) there is no clock, when they hit thats enough to kill it. Lets say within 2 mins I get killed by capping fighters, my long buff run was for ZERO.

On a plus side - I'd love a .fuze command, drop eggs, 5 mins later they detonate :) .
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 12:30:35 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2006, 12:25:49 PM »
My vote (do I get a vote?) is not to implement this suggestion. If I drop a bomb on a building and it is destroyed, what possible connection is there whether I get shot down 2 minutes or 2 hours later?  The bombs still destroyed the building.  
I much prefer the way it is now.  Buildings go down a set amount of time which can be improved upon by re-supply.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2006, 12:30:24 PM »
I like Ack-Ack's idea. Force the buffs to drop from level alt (drop from bombsight only, angle limiter, etc).
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2006, 12:32:05 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman
I like Ack-Ack's idea. Force the buffs to drop from level alt (drop from bombsight only, angle limiter, etc).

I believe Auto-Level is automatically engaged for you once you go into the bombsite.   Make it so that you can't drop bombs unless you are in the bombsite.

Crap, I don't mean to hijack this thread.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2006, 12:36:42 PM »
Originally posted by badhorse

I much prefer the way it is now.  Buildings go down a set amount of time which can be improved upon by re-supply.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Ordinance/Troops down-time is cut down by resupply, hangar down-time is currently set to a standard duration. Resupply has no effect.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"