Author Topic: Making AH AVI movie files  (Read 558 times)

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
Making AH AVI movie files
« on: July 03, 2001, 03:46:00 PM »
What would be a good editor for mpeg/avi files.  Ive got a converter to compress the finished file into divx avi, and such, but I need a program that edits clips, splices pieces together,adds sounds etc.  Trying not to spend to much $$$, but the freeware stuff is pathetic.

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2001, 03:52:00 PM »
How do you make AVI out from AH video?

Try tucows for shareware film editing proggies.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2001, 03:58:00 PM »
talk to Hblair and Milenko.. they've made quite a few good quality videos.

I'm sure they've been through the compress, codec, software route and can help you out.

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2001, 04:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tuomio:
How do you make AVI out from AH video?

The best way Ive found for this type of application is just to record the film from a video out on one computer to a video in on another (you can use a VCR if you only have one computer...after all, if its for download, the quality loss will be from compression, not VCR artifacting).  I use my Radeon, but any video cards with video in/out will work.

My big issue is editing from one big long file, into a reasonable size file, with less filler.

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: 2Late4U ]

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2001, 06:36:00 PM »
Personally, I like Adobe Premiere. But it's a few $.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2001, 07:18:00 PM »
2late4u, send me an e-mail tac@cfl.rr.com i'll give you the freeware avi editor I have.

Its so simple and good (for freeware) even a moron like me can make a video in no time.  :)

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2001, 05:14:00 AM »
Yeah, free ware(z).. ;)

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2001, 07:01:00 AM »
HiTech, how about a simple export to film algorithm??  :)

1)  limit framerate in game to 24 or 30 FPS
2)  each frame take a screenshot
3)  do this for X number of seconds (maybe started by a ".record X" command for X seconds)

User then compiles the screenshots into an AVI or MOV file with their movie editing software (Quicktime Pro for example has a "Movie from image sequence" feature that will do this).  This way user doesn't need a special video card or to export from video card to VCR then import back into computer and gets a higher quality video.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2001, 08:32:00 AM »
what you mean "limit" I only get 18fps max on a clear, cloudless sky! Lol!

If AH could have "make movie" option in the film viewer (think of it as a "record" option INSIDE the Film viewer... making sub-films of a film, which would allow players to make shots from several angles of the same action. These sub-films would ONLY record what the player is seeing in their screen, not the entire 3-D aspect like the normal film recorder. Then have an option that would "link" these sub films in a sequence determined by the player, and once they are linked into 1 film, have the option to export into an AVI/MPG format).