Author Topic: Who are the best buff pilots  (Read 995 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Who are the best buff pilots
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006, 03:58:00 AM »
Ok doobs, pass that bottle of sake over while we wait on the rest of the crew to stumble in here and join the winning side.:cool:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 02:47:29 PM »
Oh, you may want to consider using the  B5N2 "Kate" in the dive bomber/level bomber mode with it's 3 - 250kg bombs (over 1,500 lbs) with about 2 fighters up for every Kate that lifts.... perhaps 1 fighter as a JABO....the other pure dogfighter.  Throw in a couple Vals' Dive bombers with their single 250kg bomb to keep things interesting for the enemy.

One Kate carries nearly the load of a single Ki-67.

If they survives to drop it's load..... encourage kamakazi attacks with Val and Kate to see if they have an effect.

You will have to use everything in your plane set, well, and in a coordinated way to be really effective.  Especially once they start to reup..... if they break down to single plane sorties, they'll never get through the carrier CAP.

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2006, 07:48:06 PM »
Well, im not the most accurate, but i love flying bombers, and ill sure do my best to help you! Ive always wanted to do some carrier attacks, so I will start practicing tonight!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 08:19:08 PM by Reynolds »

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2006, 08:19:43 PM »
I have one huge difficulty i would REALLY appreciate help with: How do i steady my bomber's speed? I level out and auto-pilot about 25 miles from target, (is that enough?) but my speed never stabalises, and thats what throws off my calibration. Any suggestions?

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2006, 08:52:44 PM »
Which bomber are you having problems with Reynolds?

Most heavy buffs have a tendency to consistenty climb, even when if supposedly level flight, when at maximum power.

I personally tend to reduce the RPM ("-"  key on my number keypad) then slightly reduce the Manifold pressure (MAN.... aka your game/joystick throttle, or the "+/=" and "-/_" keys on the keyboard if controls are still default.) to settings that will keep me at a steady altitude when the speed has steadied up.

Also to help your altitude steady up, level your plane, and make final major course corrections, one sector out/ 25 miles.  More with faster buffs liek the Arado and Ki-67's.  

If you are at a level altitude and constant speed a sector from target.  Take a long calibration (I'll calibrate from 15 to 30 seconds when I can).  Check the E6B numbers against the numbers in the bombsight (if they are off more than 1 foot, you are not quiet stable, and should recalibrate.... don't adjust throttle/rpm/Man at this point, you are close enough, and already in the bombsight for the run at this time).

Using this technique, I usally can hit a strat target with a single salvo of 250lb bombs from 20,000 feet 7 out of 8 times.

IJN will have D5N2's, Ki-67's, and Arados..... these don't have as much altitude creep as the heavy bombers do, and usually attack from lower altitudes.  I usually attack with these planes as full throttle, unlike the heavy buffs.  Still need to be level and at full speed well in advance for accurate calibration.

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2006, 08:53:39 PM »
As to buff drivers.

I won't be avialable for first two frames, but I will be available for last two frames for this Special Event.

Registered with Axis already.

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2006, 10:52:23 PM »
Altitude is fine. That stays steady, its speed that doesnt stop going up or down.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2006, 03:08:01 AM »
Originally posted by Reynolds
Altitude is fine. That stays steady, its speed that doesnt stop going up or down.

Rey, what I do is throttle back until i reach 35" manifold or 37", depending on which bomber you have, as well as fuel.

The reason why I do this is because I was just climbing at a speed 150.  With my reduced throttle settings at 35" or 37", my speed will only be aabout 160 to 170mph.  It only needs to speed up 20mph and can do this in 1 minute. I have my speed stablized and altitude stablized 12 miles before over target.  The faster you go, the more spread out your bombs will be if you salvo more than 1.

Also, if you keep your rpms all the way up and just reduce manifold, your speeds will stablizer quicker, than if you just reduced your rpms and manifold.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2006, 03:24:52 AM »
Thanks! Ill remember that!