Author Topic: Napoleonic Tactical Game  (Read 281 times)

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Napoleonic Tactical Game
« on: July 24, 2006, 05:16:26 PM »
Other then the Napoleonic Total War, anyone know of a good graphic/sound game that has great realisim and customization for a Napoleonic Tactical era game? Civil War etc?
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
Napoleonic Tactical Game
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 06:59:37 PM »
How complicated you after? Check out "Crown of Glory" available now and patched twice from Matrixgames, it also has a 2 phase structure (per TW series) containing detailed strategic & uncomplicated tactical combat. (2d graphics).

"Histwar:LesGrognards" has been long in coming but well worth watching for, it is going to be detailed field set battles, tactical combat with map/battle/oob editors I believe. Now slated for Battlefront to publish. (3d)

Matrixgames has a few older titles too

Madminutegames makes "Take Command - 2nd Manassas", Civil War 3d tactical brigade level which also has a complete editor. Demo available on their webpage.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:56:08 PM by Booz »

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
Napoleonic Tactical Game
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 06:21:54 AM »
boot so the answer is seen above the kid posts

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Napoleonic Tactical Game
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 08:13:03 AM »
Civilization IV has an American Civil War mod already with it (think it came with the patch). Civ4 was built with all the weel-known coding systems, so if you're up on that, you can make your own game. Only the basic engine has to stay the same. You can change everything else, though; troop strength, nation capabilities, technology research trees, ect. There's even an Afrika Corps-style mod on it with the patch. I'm guessing somebody out there has made a Napoleonic Wars mod for it. If not you can get it just because it's pretty fun for a turnbased game. :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Napoleonic Tactical Game
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 07:42:12 AM »
There was one good one I sort of remember...

Oh yea.  It was called "Warbirds" and it was cool until HiTech and Pyro got banned.  Something about taunting the financier, or maybe it was back-seat-moderating  :)
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
Napoleonic Tactical Game
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 12:13:14 PM »
Mission Risk is our pause killer at work.
I think we play this Risk clone since 2001 and is still fun & fast to play.
Ok no cool graphics ;)
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.