Author Topic: UK Justice  (Read 681 times)

Offline Defiance

• Nickel Member
UK Justice
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2001, 11:31:00 AM »
Hiya's,
Yo Dowding, I know the break-in aint that big an offence in the eyes of the courts, The thing is how many times on our tv do we see where the breakin turns into a murder of the owner/occupier after a struggle or sometimes just to try to cover the tracks and then it's a hunt for the criminal

I did see 2 interviews with a woman and a man from the village nearest to him, The man spoke about some occurancies on martins land and property and the woman was on about much the same, Gist of it was he had been previously i dunno what's the word/s but "stole from, intruded" stuff like that, So there did seem to be a local opinion that enough was enough as he had been put in similar circumstances before
And also look at the intruders records they weren't no angels themselves in the past

Have Fun

Def

Offline qts

• Nickel Member
      • None yet
UK Justice
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2001, 03:02:00 PM »
Hmmm... I'm going to bite my tongue on this one.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
UK Justice
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2001, 04:08:00 PM »
It depends...I would probably let the guy get away and call the police, but:
If the guy is running out of my house with my brand-new PC, then he can expect a back full of 9mm Parabellum  :D

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
UK Justice
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2001, 04:32:00 PM »
A kid in Vancouver Washington was shot in the back of the head on his birthday.  His offense was stealing a car stereo from someone that had his car broken into 4 times in as many months.  The man caught the kid in the act, walked up to him and shot him while he was leaning into the car.  Point blank.  With a shotgun.

A 70 year old man in Portland confronted someone trying to break into his car.  He came out with a 30/30.  The theif took of running down the street and the man shot him in the back.

A man thought someone was trying to break into his car and came out with a shotgun.  The burglar tried to run around the side of the man's house, but there was a dog in the backyard that caused the theif to reverse directions.  He came running out from the side of the house and caught a facefull of buckshot and was killed.

A couple in Vancouver stumbled across a burglar in their house.  The man got a pistol from a drawer and told the man to freeze.  The man headed in a direction toward the wife and was shot 15 times.

A man in Denver was tired of people breaking into his buisness.  He rigged a trap by tieing a string to the triggers of a double barrel shotgun.  He killed someone trying to break into his shop as a result of the trap.

I looked at each of these situations and thought about what I would have done in each.  I thought about what the affect of unregulated lawlessness (no matter how petty) has on people.  I also thought about how little people think about the real consequences of their actions prior to doing something.

Its sad.  Its global.  I can't praise it in any form.  I hope I never have to make that decision in my household.

AKDejaVu

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
UK Justice
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2001, 04:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by SC-Bama:
...if someone enters your home for the purpose of burglary, for example, and the home is occupied, then that constitutes first degree robbery.  The penalty for that in Alabama is the death penalty.  

Oh now come on.   :rolleyes: