Author Topic: Best Aircraft With Cannons?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Best Aircraft With Cannons?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 11:02:52 AM »
nah it sucks if you actualy want to do some turns and dogfight.

tempest get my vote, followed by the C-hog
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 12:11:30 PM »
Originally posted by Aussie
what about hte me262?

ME 262 is heavily perked and therefor not freely available.

It also has 30mm (which need getting used to), is very fast and hence a rather bad close-up fighter. Its mainly used to hunt down bombers BnZ style (very good at that because of its speed and big guns).

If youre looking for an overall well performing stallfighter, dont forget the Spits, mainly the Mk8 and Mk9. The hispanos have good punch, easy ballistics - the ammo count forces you to conserve and let go of any spray and pray tactics (important in the long run). Still, even with a rather low hit%, you should be good for 2-3 kills at least.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2006, 11:24:55 PM »
Very good point regarding the short bursts for 20mm Schatzi.  I usually just "blip" the trigger and if you've got decent aim it's usually game over.

Originally posted by Schatzi
It also has 30mm (which need getting used to), is very fast and hence a rather bad close-up fighter.

With the 262 everything is relative.  A 1v1 similar with two 262's is a blast and when you get light (1/4 fuel) it'll turn pretty well as long as you use flaps.  It's one of the most unusual and fun fights (unless someone's really worried about losing their perk points) but it's a completely different animal.

Mace
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 11:31:40 PM by Mace2004 »
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Wadke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 01:43:36 AM »
F6F

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 02:22:29 AM »
Originally posted by Mace2004
With the 262 everything is relative.  A 1v1 similar with two 262's is a blast and when you get light (1/4 fuel) it'll turn pretty well as long as you use flaps.  It's one of the most unusual and fun fights (unless someone's really worried about losing their perk points) but it's a completely different animal.

Mace

I agree fully. No such thing as taking a 262 furballing in the MA :D. But i think fireplug is looking for a "usual ride" he can fly in the MA... and 262 isnt exactly what id recommend as a newbie plane for stallfighting ;).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 04:52:09 AM »
i tryed me262 once and was dissapointed, a lite turn broke the wing off, never again.

Instead of goin for a cannon bird try a 50 calibre plane, what it lacks in power it makes up for in ammo and in fireing rate. fm2 only has 4 but it gets the job done, its just a pain when u have to take down bombers when u got 4 instead of 6. The 8 on the p47 is just somethin else, when u shoot its like some type of monster breathing fire out of ur wings, and u got a max of 2800 rounds, thats alot of shooting.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2006, 08:05:53 AM »
Mossie has the most leathal cannons in the game...Can't really turn like the other planes though.

Sounds like you should saddle up in a Niki.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 10:17:19 AM »
Originally posted by bkbandit
i tryed me262 once and was dissapointed, a lite turn broke the wing off, never again.

I know this is a bit off topic but you were probably too heavy and fast.  You've got to stay within the 6g limit and burn down to less than half a bag before you do any real turning.  Watch your dive speed, the 262 accelerates like a raped ape downhill (sucks level and climbing) so just about everything downhill needs to be at idle combined with a constant turn (a 3g spiral works well) rather than just diving down so you can keep everything under control.

Mace
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2006, 11:26:07 AM »
Mossie!

Well ok the mossie isn't the best by a long shot, but she sure is fun to fly. :)
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline TheThang

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2006, 12:16:44 PM »
you should totally use an A-5...I'm back again =)

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 02:52:58 AM »
i was level at about 450, no heavy turning, no tunnel vision. I was just to to get a look at some cons under me and it broke off.

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 04:16:36 PM »
Screw cannons, fly a jug.

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 05:51:26 PM »
jug is good but u hav to handle it wit care when u get low. IMO is the best fighter bomber, alot of ord monster amounts of ammo for the 8 50s. Towns and gvs arent a problem for the p47:aok

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2006, 08:37:58 AM »
Bf 110G-2

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2006, 03:56:13 PM »
Try the Typhie if you want cannon's and if you turn to right it will turn better than a spit for a bit but if you go left your guna make a bomber turn. Then if you want a plane that will give you good habits fly the Yak9U its abilities are great. It can turn well and dive very well plus even though the ammo is a little. If you can get 2 or 3 kills with it then you can get 4 to 8 in another plane which is very rewarding :).
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech