Author Topic: Summer drink guide  (Read 221 times)

Offline tapakeg

• Nickel Member
Summer drink guide
« on: July 30, 2006, 02:11:31 PM »
Ok, it is HOT all over the country.  Here is a little guide to help you cool off a bit.

First of all, we are going to make simple syrup.  It is easy, 4 parts sugar to one part water.  Yup the portions are correct.  I personally make it 3-1 but I want to give the original recipe I was given.  

Now go to the store and get some lemons, limes and oranges.  Take equal amounts of each and juice away.  Mix equal amounts of the fresh juice with simple syrup and you have the best sweet and sour mix there is.  

Don't go cheap on the tequila, this is your personal preference.  Get some Cointreau, throw away the roses lime juice, and squeeze in a quarter or eighth of a lime in there, and you have the best margarita on the planet.  I persnally like a touch, just a touch of OJ in mine.  Once again, go fresh.  Garnish with a lime and orange wedge and enjoy.

While you are at the store getting the tequila and produce, get some fresh mint leaves as well.

get a glass, drop a good amount of the mint leaves in the bottom, about 2 ounces of the simple syrup, and some soda water and muddle with a spoon.  Really grind the mint leaves.  You want the essence of the leaves in your drink.  Add ice and some good rum, garnish with a fresh mint leaf and you have a mojito people would sell their mothers for.

Take that fresh sweet and sour mix, add some Jack Daniels, triple sec, and a splash of 7up and you have a Lynchburg Lemonade.

For the love of god don't host a party with Bartles and James Apple passion plum white zin sewage.  Mix up some of these drinks ( if you want to share ) and be a hit with family and neighbors.

ENJOY !!!!

Tapakeg
You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Summer drink guide
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 02:23:16 PM »
Wasn't this done just a few weeks ago??????

Yup it was. Welcome to last month.
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=181028&highlight=Summer+Drink
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 02:25:32 PM by Maverick »
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Summer drink guide
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 05:43:07 PM »
Run tap! The Forum police!

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Summer drink guide
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 05:51:11 PM »
I have made this drink with:
scotch = Lockerbie lemonade
irish = Limerick lemonade
canadian = Labrador lemonade
Virginia Gentlman bourbon = Leesburg lemonade

I have not made it with rye or the bad burbon that comes from outside VA & yes, bottled lime juice & the juice from a lime seem to be two unrelated substances

Offline shooter1cac

• Zinc Member
      • http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3707/sapplf6.jpg
Summer drink guide
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 06:00:30 PM »
I just open the can and pour it down my throat. Plus they come in these great packs of 24 so I don't have to really work at getting my drink on. :)

Offline tapakeg

• Nickel Member
Summer drink guide
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 08:13:28 PM »
way different maverick, more homemade.
You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal