Author Topic: New Map awesome WTG nhawk  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
New Map awesome WTG nhawk
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2006, 11:16:17 PM »
i like most of the map ... but a few things i dont like ...
the HQ'a are to easy to sneak up on , and there off balanced as per dar coverage /base placement / equality

the second is the vbase spawns are to flowing together from base to base they should be broken up "a little " , and i think they need to be distanced further from flds in some places .  

besides that its a nice place
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2006, 09:42:16 AM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
i like most of the map ... but a few things i dont like ...
the HQ'a are to easy to sneak up on , and there off balanced as per dar coverage /base placement / equality

the second is the vbase spawns are to flowing together from base to base they should be broken up "a little " , and i think they need to be distanced further from flds in some places .  

besides that its a nice place

As far as HQ...i dont think i seen HQ destroyed more than 2 times total including all 3 countries together, during the entire week the map ran. This is waaayyyy  waaaayy less than most maps.
As far as Vbases.. I think this is one of the reasons the Hoard doesnt bode well on this map. While the hoard is trying to bully their way through the front...the Gvers are balancing things by taking Vbases and forcing the hoard to break up and defend a little too. Very well thought out. Its so refreshing to see a map that has an inherent ability to balance things a bit. Hell it works better than the ENY limiter for sure.
Originally posted by Roscoroo

This is exactly what is balancing game play regardless of numbers. This is by FAR...the best map i have ever played on.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 09:47:12 AM by Mugzeee »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2006, 02:18:18 PM »
In my opinion...

If you even know what a HQ is or worse... where they are... Then you probly have no idea of what is a good map for furballers.

This map is every bit as bad or worse than Pizza map was for field placement without the interesting features Pizza had.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2006, 02:24:29 PM »
It's too bad that we are getting new maps where the makers are not learning the lessons of the few good maps we have.

Closer bases or Fighter Town and lots of CVs.  The last thing we need is another boring map in rotation.:rolleyes:

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
It's too bad that we are getting new maps where the makers are not learning the lessons of the few good maps we have.

Closer bases or Fighter Town and lots of CVs.  The last thing we need is another boring map in rotation.:rolleyes:

Easy solution, make one yourself.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2006, 02:32:41 PM »
Easy solution, make one yourself.

Dummest responses ever to comments on Maps.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2006, 02:36:22 PM »
I've enjoyed the back and forth nature of the new map.  The strings of Vbases are fun and I think it encourages more teamwork between gv's and AC.  

IMHO
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace