Author Topic: Problems with terrain editor map  (Read 390 times)

Offline Rebels

• Zinc Member
Problems with terrain editor map
« on: July 08, 2006, 03:16:51 PM »
Hey i have been having problems with my terrain editor, for some reason it wont make my map. I was reading in the forums and seen something about photoshop do i have to have that to make a map that looks realilistic.

Thank You,
                                                                           Rebels

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 04:44:31 AM »
You don't need any external programs to make a terrain. They are only used to make things easier.

A little detailed information, such as what have you done and what you expect to see would be helpful to someone trying to help you.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Rebels

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 12:17:05 AM »
Hey I read ur reply thanks.
My terrain is on a 128 mile map with many elivations. Thats about all i can tell u. But anyway what i expect is my map to have the same quality as a main arena map or a h2h like jely cross. Also after i had posted the last question i had a problem to accure for some reason i cant get a RES file when i hit build mabe someone can help me there.
Thanks A Lot,
Rebels

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 01:14:49 AM »
for your clipboard map to work in the terrain, you need to create a folder in your terrain folder called texsrc. Open the TE and select "Make Map". In your terrain folder you will see a file called map.bmp. rename that so it is the same as your terrain for example: Terrain1.bmp. Now put that in the texsrc folder.

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 05:51:28 AM »
Before you put in texsrc folder you must change the color size to 256 from 16 million, if you don't editor may crash or map won't show in clipboard after you build.
Marty McFly

Offline Bogie603rd

• Silver Member
      • http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 11:41:15 AM »
Don't worry guys. I e-mailed him a tutorial. He shouldn't be asking this again unless he got confused on the way out of that 100,000 word tutorial:rofl
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare:
http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com
Join our TeamSpeak server, Click Here.

New forum ID: Denholm