Author Topic: Make a Channel 201  (Read 659 times)

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
Make a Channel 201
« on: January 14, 2016, 09:22:52 AM »
Players are really getting tired of the endless political spam and foul language curse out rage whining done on channel 200. I get muted for typing no one wants to hear about obama then mod allows hours of racial , religious and political foolishness to go on endlessly. Then we have to hear the same players cursing people out and insulting anyone who kills them. Then the fix suggested is just detune 200 ... NO it's there for players who want to fellowship or salute a good fight they just had or just to have a simple dialogue on gameplay. It's really gotten out of hand. The mute feature is what most of us are having to do continuously and thank heavens for that but it would be such a great surprise to see a mod do their job effectively and efficiently people would get the picture then that their behavior is not only not allowed but overwhelmingly unwanted in the game. I sat and watched a player who I won't name tell a player to suck his d*** , and nothing done, next I watch a player call everyone who kills him a Pus** and nothing done , then hours of anti Semitic mess and Mexican jokes , then after clicking report player about 20 times he goes on to make Laquitha and Shaniqua jokes .... just where does it end folks. Make a Channel 201 that players can go to who want to act like that or select additional mods that be be on during all time zones. Channel 200 is out of control and detuneing it is unfair to those who are actually on it for what it is intended for. If you would like names of those who I am speaking of Skuzzy or Dale PM me anytime. The Politics endlessly argued about takes away from 200.

We all enjoy the game that's why we stay for years but some players really need to be reigned in due to highly distasteful and continuous behavior and text chat on 200. A player suggested this is WAR we don't hold hands an sing Cumbye ya which I understand so if that is the case why have mods at all just let it be a free for all which it pretty much already is on 200. No worries I have been here since 2004 and don't plan on going anywhere because I have rather THICK Skin and am used to it after years on end but to the new players just coming in... Is that how we want to portray ourselves and the level of gameplay that we offer to them? Do you really think they are going to shell out 14.99 a month or just let their 2 week trial run out ? Just a morcel to ponder and think about. :salute  :bolt:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:37:03 AM by AApache »
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Make a Channel 201
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 09:55:17 AM »
There are already channels 100-199 for comms within the same country, and 200-299 for comms across all countries.

So, BAM! Wish granted. :D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 12:30:56 PM »
It is a violation of TOS to engage in political and religious talk in game, just report the players that keep doing it and let HiTech sort it out.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 04:25:43 PM »
 :salute ImADot and Ack-Ack and I definitely dig the Emeril Lagasi BAM :D ! I understand for sure that there will always be some element of distasteful behavior in the game and thank goodness the majority of our AH family loves and respects the game and it's players just as much as I do. This is a great gaming community and has been for many many years.I as well as others will continue to uphold it's integrity! Cheers and rock-on to my AH family! :cheers: :bolt:
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 04:28:06 PM »
Why not just turn your channel200 off.

I never use it so, I do not miss all the trash talk.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 05:14:50 PM »

That is the issue however, 200 ISN'T just trash talking. You can have some good discussions on there as well as jokes and friendly banter. The problem comes up when the internet tough guys feel the need to flex there limited brain power to try and impress others.

It would be nice if there were MODs on 24-7, and they had a bit more power to lay down the law. As it is now it is hit or miss as to when a MOD is on so some people see others get away with stuff they have been muted for and feel more resentment. I think that is the biggest issue, there is no consistency.

200 can be a lot of fun. 

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 05:30:51 PM »

You just come to the BBS to talk crap then?

I like to talk a lot of crap after someone talks crap to me, I got a "shitlist" if you would....sawzaw, 8thjinx...pretty much all of Bish right now actually   :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 07:02:59 PM »

Because we shouldn't have to, channel 200 is there for everyone's enjoyment.  It's not fair to me or others if we have to detune channel 200 because a group of idiots insist on polluting in-game chat with their idiotic political and religious drivel.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 08:02:22 PM »
It is a violation of TOS to engage in political and religious talk in game, just report the players that keep doing it and let HiTech sort it out.

ack-ack

Half the player group does it.   :rock    :aok
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 12:35:06 AM »
i have had 200 off for 5 years, best thing i ever did to make the game better. and if some dumb dumb PM's me, they get the full salvo. +9 yards

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 06:46:34 PM »

ack-ack

Skuzzy was in the MA the other day. I asked if we could have a dedicated political channel on ch. 205 for example and he said it was fine as long as it wasn't on 200.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 10:32:22 AM »
Skuzzy was in the MA the other day. I asked if we could have a dedicated political channel on ch. 205 for example and he said it was fine as long as it wasn't on 200.

Some confusion here , political discussion are NOT ok on any public channel. The only non public channels are I.E. A private channels (white) or squad channel (4 red).

HiTech

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 07:45:57 AM »
Some confusion here , political discussion are NOT ok on any public channel. The only non public channels are I.E. A private channels (white) or squad channel (4 red).

HiTech
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org