Author Topic: 10 Things You'll See In AvA Arena that You Won't See In MA  (Read 3813 times)

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
10 Things You'll See In AvA Arena that You Won't See In MA
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2006, 10:00:23 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Well... the new MA map is horrible... one of the worst I have seen... amazing how the map guys can figure out a way for 500 people to all hide from each other.

Hide? your full of stuff. LOL There was always plenty of furballs in the the new map. lotsa fun fites down and dirty.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 10:04:40 AM by Mugzeee »

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2006, 10:03:59 AM »
I have had times in the ava that were fun and times that were worse than the ma...  

the historical planesets mostly sucks with very little variety and... the place can be nothing but a few squads gangbanging .... it also does have it's share of timid players the players are not anything special either...but...

The ma has gotten so bad lately that...  Oh well... I think the only way most people in the ma want to fight is if they can get planes landing or taking off or.... in that first visor down jousting head on charge.

The ma has proven that teamwork and organization lead to boredom.

The ma has proven that if you have a game with a really low price per month you get a whole bunch of guys that you would be better off not having to play.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

All are very good reasons that Ah2 needs a Fighter town of sorts. Think of it as an AVA with a full fighter planeset. No base capture possible...and no vulching possible. just massive fun fights

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2006, 10:15:47 AM »
AvA had btwn 20 and 25 ppl in it last night

AH has never been better

thanks to all those that showed up

thx Slash for posting the fight in the ava forum - hope it happens again soon
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2006, 11:16:39 AM »
It allways seems that one side in their knows they are in the inferior planes but they just suck it up and do the best they can.

Exactly, couldn’t of said it better myself.  Makes you a better player. Cool thing is if you get tired of being disadvantaged you can switch any time. You can work together to overcome disadvantages. You can up the better plane and engage multiple planes or attack at a disadvantage.  Last night was pretty much a big furball, was great fun, other times the game play is quite dynamic.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen the LA7 in the AvA.  What a beast.  You can get really aggressive, down and dirty, with that thing. Be fun to go in the MA, up a 7, play the dweeb to lure some spitniks away from the crowd then turn all Cujo on ’em.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2006, 02:13:54 PM »
kong...  I guess that is where we differ... I don't play AH to become a better player.... I become a better player because I enjoy playing... It is a subtle difference I know but to me.... an important one.  

I first of all want to have a fun and fair fight... If I die... fine..  It is my fault and I will just keep plugging away at it.  

I think that a lot are like me...  we don't want to start out with a big disadvange or.... equaly...  we don't enjoy a big advantage.. this would seem to no be true tho based on the MA style of play but... when there is a close fight you see fair fights and fun ones.

mugs... I have no idea what you are talking about.  I seen no furballs last night in the ma... I seen one horde of one side or the other doing endless circles above a field in the hope that someone would take off and give them that all important skilless and risk free kill in their late war B&Z metrosexual plane.

In the MA probly 90% of all kills are on planes just taking off or just landing or by a plane being chased down by more than 4 to 1 odds or... the visor down, HO joust.   A real furball happens only at the very few close fields or when a CV is involved.    The ava is way different... most fights involve getting on a planes six who is aware you are there and either killing or being killed... rarely do people HO or shoot runway ducks.

There were at least 10 fights I had in an hour or so that rivaled an entire MA tours worth of the best fights.

When people tell me that the MA is chock full-0-furballs all the time I have to wonder if they even know what a furball is.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's