Author Topic: Aces High Stock Market Game...  (Read 9531 times)

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
Aces High Stock Market Game...
« Reply #510 on: July 14, 2006, 05:24:38 PM »
Okay, how do I clear this game from the "My Games" page on the virtual stock exchange webssite?

Any ideas?
My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #511 on: July 14, 2006, 05:39:26 PM »
fluff'n thing wouldn't sell my plantronics... lost 6k! and to waffle!! :)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #512 on: July 14, 2006, 05:56:12 PM »
STUPID NORTEL!!!!!!!!

lol

I got burned so huge.  My stupid mistake in thinking I had it all figured out.  I learned a valuable lesson playing this game.:aok
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #513 on: July 14, 2006, 08:49:15 PM »
In this short game, I learned that betting on the shares dropping would give better results than betting on gains.
Sometimes I was actually playing the same stock against itself to minimize against higher losses. Short Sell, yeah, I like it. :)
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #514 on: July 14, 2006, 09:26:04 PM »
Originally posted by Octavius
fluff'n thing wouldn't sell my plantronics... lost 6k! and to waffle!! :)
Been there. I lost $40K on GHL Technologies because the trades were so slow. It's definitely a short seller's game if you only run 30 days. Bulls are hard to catch, but bears go on for days.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.