Author Topic: Logitech Extreme 3DPro  (Read 181 times)

Offline neodad

• Zinc Member
Logitech Extreme 3DPro
« on: July 16, 2006, 03:51:33 PM »
I just bought this stick to replace an old Logitech Wingman.  The wingman worked but was a bit sloppy.

I've installed the 3DPro, calibrated it in Windows XP, checked that it's mapped in AH, calibrated it in AH and it doesn't work.  I've even calibrated each function individually.  AH recognizes the calibration because I can see tha values change.

When I'm in the game nothing works.  The throttle, the buttons, trigger, hat. Nada.

I loaded up CFSII to check the stick and it works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Neodad
~~~ The Unforgiven ~~~

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Logitech Extreme 3DPro
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 05:29:33 PM »
Do you just have Mode 1 set?  Try in the stick map page unchecking the box that says "autoselect mode on takeoff" or something like that.  Mine never would work right, but when I uncheck it it works fine.  

And just as a bit of friendly advice, I'd replace that stick with something better if you intend to do this for any length of time.  Logitech makes some of the worst sticks on the market.  No wait.  They make THE worst sticks on the market.  Anyway, hope the above helps you get flying.

Offline neodad

• Zinc Member
Logitech Extreme 3DPro
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 06:39:38 PM »
Thanks for the advice but it still doesn't work.

I may take your advice and return the thing and get something else.

Thanks again.

Neodad
~~~ The Unforgiven ~~~

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Logitech Extreme 3DPro
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 07:48:37 PM »
neodad,
 I would recommend to you a Saitek EVO joystick. It is comparably priced to the Logitech and is a much better stick. It has a twisty stick (for rudder), a hat switch to set your views up with and enough buttons to set flaps, wep etc on the stick.

I wouldn't download the software, just plug it in, calibrate in windows and then set up, and recalibrate in game.  It will work much better than the Logitech...guaranteed.

cheers,
RTR
The Damned